The Dynaco Tube Audio Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Dynaco Tube Audio Forum

Dedicated to the restoration and preservation of all original Dynaco tube audio equipment - Customer support for Tubes4hifi VTA tube amp and preamp kits and all Dynakitparts.com products

3 posters

raspberry-pi-tube-amp

Bally

raspberry-pi-tube-amp Empty raspberry-pi-tube-amp

Post by Bally Mon May 09, 2016 6:51 pm

mazeeff

raspberry-pi-tube-amp Empty Re: raspberry-pi-tube-amp

Post by mazeeff Mon May 09, 2016 8:20 pm

Pretty neat! I use a Raspberry Pi 2 with a HiFiBerry DAC+ Pro as a source for my ST-70. It works fantastically!

Mike
    kaner
    kaner

Post by kaner Tue May 10, 2016 8:23 pm

Hey mazeeff,

Can you explain a little more about your setup? It sounds intriguing. Are you using this to play music wirelessly from your computer?

mazeeff

Post by mazeeff Tue May 10, 2016 8:55 pm

kaner wrote:Hey mazeeff,

Can you explain a little more about your setup?  It sounds intriguing.  Are you using this to play music wirelessly from your computer?

All of my music is ripped from CD into FLAC, and is stored on my local NAS. I use Openelec on the Raspberry Pi 2 to gain access to my music files, as well as Pandora. Openelec plays FLAC files bit perfect. The key component is the HiFiBerry DAC+ Pro. This $50 DAC is made by audiophiles in Switzerland, and connects to the Raspberry Pi top hat connector. The DAC is based on the TI PCM5122 (Burr-Brown) device, which has superb specs. It outputs 2Vrms, and requires no coupling caps. All of this is remotely controlled (including volume) by using one of the many Openelec (Kodi) apps, like Yatse on Android. All of this runs at less than 10w total, and sounds fantastic on my VTA-70. It is completely solid state, with no moving parts, and no noise. Total investment was a little over $125.

Mike

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat Apr 27, 2024 7:17 am