The Dynaco Tube Audio Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Dynaco Tube Audio Forum

Dedicated to the restoration and preservation of all original Dynaco tube audio equipment - Customer support for Tubes4hifi VTA tube amp and preamp kits and all Dynakitparts.com products

+11
corndog71
deepee99
mazeeff
eickmewg
Kentley
GreggW
Dogstar
Maintarget
LeGrace
stewdan
Mangaman80
15 posters

Good quality rectifier tube for Bob's 120

wgallupe
    wgallupe

Good quality rectifier tube for Bob's 120 - Page 2 Empty Re: Good quality rectifier tube for Bob's 120

Post by wgallupe Fri Mar 10, 2017 2:25 pm

Great explanation Jim. Thank You!
    Kentley
    Kentley

Good quality rectifier tube for Bob's 120 - Page 2 Empty Re: Good quality rectifier tube for Bob's 120

Post by Kentley Fri Mar 10, 2017 9:11 pm

I second your praises, wgallupe. Even I understand Jim's explanation, so it must be good. What a Face
    Tubes4ever
    Tubes4ever

Post by Tubes4ever Fri Mar 10, 2017 10:39 pm

Gregg R. wrote:I use the Sovtek 6L6WXT+ in my VTA-70, for the same reasons as Tubes4ever, greater clarity. EL34s sound a little soggy in comparison.
    Besides, I am also a "flat-lander", from the prairies of southern Minnesota.
    That was my impression of the EL34s as well. A bit on the dull side.

I actually discovered how nice the 6L6 sounds when I installed a set of the metal version of the tubes in my ST70 as a test. Even though the metal version isn't rated for the high voltages, it sure sounded clear. I immediately got a quad of the JJ 6L6GC and have been happy with them since.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat Apr 27, 2024 12:19 am