The Dynaco Tube Audio Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Dynaco Tube Audio Forum

Dedicated to the restoration and preservation of all original Dynaco tube audio equipment - Customer support for Tubes4hifi VTA tube amp and preamp kits and all Dynakitparts.com products

3 posters

GR Research N3

oldvstar

GR Research N3 Empty GR Research N3

Post by oldvstar Mon Mar 06, 2017 12:02 pm

I have an opportunity to purchase a pair of GR Research N3 floor standing speakers. Does anyone here have experience with these speakers? Sensitivity wise they look like the should work OK with my ST70, just wondering if they'really worth the $1k the guy is asking for them. I currently am using a pair of Klipsch Forte's but I'm looking to upgrade.
    Thanks. Terry
    Peter W.
    Peter W.

GR Research N3 Empty Re: GR Research N3

Post by Peter W. Mon Mar 06, 2017 12:13 pm

Can't help you with the upgrade information as I have never heard these speakers. But, they are fairly efficient at 1w - 90.5 dB @ 1 meter. They do seem to have reasonable specifications otherwise.

Specifications are here:

http://gr-research.com/n3.aspx

Prices are here:

http://gr-research.com/nserieskits.aspx

Seems to me that a DIY project would be a bunch cheaper.
    wgallupe
    wgallupe

Post by wgallupe Mon Mar 06, 2017 12:40 pm

I owned the N3 towers (actually known as N3TL for N3 Transmission Line) for a few years until I upgraded to the GR Research OB5. You will have no problem powering them with the ST70. IMHO, they are definitely worth $1000. The planer magnetic tweeter in that speaker is one of the best I have ever heard. Also, the mid-bass drivers are quick and clean. The rear port which is part of the transmission line design extends bass down to around 40hz as long as you can give the speakers about three feet from the wall behind them. Post a pic if you have one. Good luck!

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 26, 2024 9:29 pm