The Dynaco Tube Audio Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Dynaco Tube Audio Forum

Dedicated to the restoration and preservation of all original Dynaco tube audio equipment - Customer support for Tubes4hifi VTA tube amp and preamp kits and all Dynakitparts.com products

+4
10-E-C
mark four
Peter W.
Bob Latino
8 posters

Record Store Day > Saturday April 22, 2017

Bob Latino
    Bob Latino
    Admin

Record Store Day > Saturday April 22, 2017 Empty Record Store Day > Saturday April 22, 2017

Post by Bob Latino Mon Apr 10, 2017 8:11 am

This is the 10th year of Record Store Day which was started by Michael Kurtz in 2008. Read about Michael's involvement and his history with vinyl at the link below ..

Michael Kurtz Record Store Day

Record Store Day has their own web site and Facebook page below ..

Record Store Day website

Facebook > Record Store Day

Bob
    Peter W.
    Peter W.

Record Store Day > Saturday April 22, 2017 Empty Re: Record Store Day > Saturday April 22, 2017

Post by Peter W. Mon Apr 10, 2017 9:02 am

Hideaway Music in Chestnut Hill, Philadelphia, PA is the nearest one to me. And very good people.

They also sell a smattering of vintage equipment.
    mark four
    mark four

Record Store Day > Saturday April 22, 2017 Empty record store day

Post by mark four Thu Apr 13, 2017 7:58 pm

i always try to support my local small business men and women . there are many record stores popping up in the philly area . i have to check out hideaway . thanks and have fun . Cool
    10-E-C
    10-E-C

Record Store Day > Saturday April 22, 2017 Empty Re: Record Store Day > Saturday April 22, 2017

Post by 10-E-C Thu Apr 13, 2017 8:39 pm

Back Door Records in Johnson City, TN is on the list. They always have huge selection to pick from.
    bluemeanies
    bluemeanies

Post by bluemeanies Sun Apr 23, 2017 11:07 am

Peter W. wrote:Hideaway Music in Chestnut Hill, Philadelphia, PA is the nearest one to me. And very good people.

They also sell a smattering of vintage equipment.

Thank you for this information. I live in Delaware County and there is literally NOTHING available escecpt for BB which as you well know does not carry any vinyl and limited cd's. There is a couple of places where you can swap records and cd's but NOTHING as nostalgic as TOWER RECORDS down on SOUTH St.
    How I miss that place.
    Now, I don't even own a TT but lately I have been repurchasing my Beatle collection in vinyl. I have been getting the re-mastered editions.
    With the 50th anniversary of PEPPERS and Pink Floyd re-releasing INTERSTELLAR OVERDRIVE I am anixious to acquire these gems in vinyl.
    I guess you might say I am preparing for the future.
    Once I land that part time job...I might jump into that TT pool.

Thanks again.
    Frank
    bluemeanies
    bluemeanies

Post by bluemeanies Sun Apr 23, 2017 11:20 am

Bob Latino wrote:This is the 10th year of Record Store Day which was started by Michael Kurtz in 2008. Read about Michael's involvement and his history with vinyl at the link below ..

Michael Kurtz Record Store Day

Record Store Day has their own web site and Facebook page below ..

Record Store Day website

Facebook > Record Store Day

Bob

Thanks Bob for the record store day website...lots of information.
    Dogstar

Post by Dogstar Sun Apr 23, 2017 1:18 pm

Back when I was a physically younger there were lots of record stores all around the Chicagoland area. But the one that I liked best was Rolling Stone Records. Which became Rolling Stone Records and Tapes, then Rolling Stone Music. A few years ago when I moved back to Chicago I happened to be in the neighborhood of Rolling Stone Music so I stopped in. Most of the music it had was on CD but it did have some vinyl. A few weeks ago I stopped in and saw its vinyl selection has grown. Don't think it will ever be as big with vinyl as it was in the 70's and early 80's but at least vinyl is not dead.
    Dale Stevens

Post by Dale Stevens Sun Apr 23, 2017 5:15 pm

Kilgor Trouts
    Myrtle Beach , SC

Good selection, will find what you want and these folks ship .
    mcgyver74

Post by mcgyver74 Mon Apr 24, 2017 11:28 am

Tried to get down to PriRec Sad Sadly had a honeydo list a mile long ;(

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 26, 2024 7:51 am