The Dynaco Tube Audio Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Dynaco Tube Audio Forum

Dedicated to the restoration and preservation of all original Dynaco tube audio equipment - Customer support for Tubes4hifi VTA tube amp and preamp kits and all Dynakitparts.com products

3 posters

Finished, but I think I have a problem :(

mcgyver74

Finished, but I think I have a problem :( Empty Finished, but I think I have a problem :(

Post by mcgyver74 Thu Apr 13, 2017 9:30 pm

Ok I finished the build and re checked all my wiring,,,,,

Haven't plugged it in to do the startup procedure yet, but I decided to take a meter across the power cord to see if I had an issue.

I am reading (With NO tubes in) .9 Ohm. Almost a dead short

What did I screw up??!?!?! (Or is this normal?)

Thanks in advance
    bluemeanies
    bluemeanies

Finished, but I think I have a problem :( Empty Re: Finished, but I think I have a problem :(

Post by bluemeanies Thu Apr 13, 2017 9:45 pm

Can't answer that...but I can direct you to who can answer you....audiobill...PM him.
    mcgyver74

Finished, but I think I have a problem :( Empty Re: Finished, but I think I have a problem :(

Post by mcgyver74 Thu Apr 13, 2017 11:04 pm

I don't have a problem!!!! I connected a 60 watt light bulb inline with the hot side of the cord just to be safe, hit the switch and the 3 driver tubes started to glow Smile

Proceeding with rest fo startup procedure in the manual!!!
    Peter W.
    Peter W.

Post by Peter W. Fri Apr 14, 2017 7:21 am

mcgyver74 wrote:Ok I finished the build and re checked all my wiring,,,,,

Haven't plugged it in to do the startup procedure yet, but I decided to take a meter across the power cord to see if I had an issue.

I am reading (With NO tubes in) .9 Ohm.    Almost a dead short

What did I screw up??!?!?! (Or is this normal?)

Thanks in advance

A transformer-driven device that draws as much as 175 watts when operating will show very nearly a short on the primary side of the transformer. Not a complete short, but very nearly.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 26, 2024 6:53 pm