The Dynaco Tube Audio Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Dynaco Tube Audio Forum

Dedicated to the restoration and preservation of all original Dynaco tube audio equipment - Customer support for Tubes4hifi VTA tube amp and preamp kits and all Dynakitparts.com products

2 posters

has anyone installed the new vta driver board for a mklv 4..

tpaul

has anyone installed the new vta driver  board for a mklv  4.. Empty has anyone installed the new vta driver board for a mklv 4..

Post by tpaul Sat Mar 24, 2018 7:42 am

i installed the new board on my mk4s when i bring it up.1 of the 100uf caps gets hot..the other is cool to the touch..i checked my wiring the direcyions of my electrolytic caps ....changed out that cap but got the same results.....any ideas???
    Roy Mottram
    Roy Mottram
    Admin

has anyone installed the new vta driver  board for a mklv  4.. Empty Re: has anyone installed the new vta driver board for a mklv 4..

Post by Roy Mottram Sat Mar 24, 2018 12:31 pm

are you asking about C17 or C18, or C14 or C16?    Have you measured the DC voltage at the problem area?   C17 & C18 are 100v caps where there should never be more than 70v.
    C14 & C16 are 420v caps where there should never be more than 350v.  (unless you are running the amp without any tubes in it, then you could have almost 500v, especially if you
    don't have the 6.8K resistor on the quad cap to reduce B+ to the driver board.)

Current date/time is Fri Apr 26, 2024 10:18 pm