The Dynaco Tube Audio Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Dynaco Tube Audio Forum

Dedicated to the restoration and preservation of all original Dynaco tube audio equipment - Customer support for Tubes4hifi VTA tube amp and preamp kits and all Dynakitparts.com products

2 posters

Help identifying ST 70 mod

crosseyed-cricket

Help identifying ST 70 mod Empty Help identifying ST 70 mod

Post by crosseyed-cricket Sun Dec 16, 2018 10:59 am

Hi all,

I'm new to the Dynaco and tube world, and could use some help identifying this modification to an ST 70.  I've done a fair bit of searching on this forum and elsewhere, but haven't found a lot of details.

It looks like one of the older VTA driver boards, but there are some transistors on the underside and some other things going on that I don't understand.

Are there downloadable instructions or schematics that I could access for the older board?

I would post pictures, but since I'm a brand-new forum member, it looks like I can't do that for 7 days.

I've just purchased this unit and it is en-route, so I don't have it for physical inspection or testing yet.

Thanks for any insight you can share!

-David
    crosseyed-cricket

Help identifying ST 70 mod Empty Re: Help identifying ST 70 mod

Post by crosseyed-cricket Sun Dec 16, 2018 11:04 am

I'll come back and post pics when my 'probationary' period is over. :-)
    Peter W.
    Peter W.

Post by Peter W. Mon Dec 17, 2018 8:24 am

crosseyed-cricket wrote:Hi all,

I'm new to the Dynaco and tube world, and could use some help identifying this modification to an ST 70.  I've done a fair bit of searching on this forum and elsewhere, but haven't found a lot of details.

It looks like one of the older VTA driver boards, but there are some transistors on the underside and some other things going on that I don't understand.

Are there downloadable instructions or schematics that I could access for the older board?

I would post pictures, but since I'm a brand-new forum member, it looks like I can't do that for 7 days.

I've just purchased this unit and it is en-route, so I don't have it for physical inspection or testing yet.

Thanks for any insight you can share!

-David

There have been any number of driver boards over the years, some of which were quite impressive in terms of capturing auto-bias and voltage regulation. As you note, when you are able to send pictures, that will help.
    crosseyed-cricket

Post by crosseyed-cricket Mon Dec 17, 2018 8:28 am

Thanks, Peter. I've enjoyed reading and learning on this forum so far....looking forward to more.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 26, 2024 11:18 pm