The Dynaco Tube Audio Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Dynaco Tube Audio Forum

Dedicated to the restoration and preservation of all original Dynaco tube audio equipment - Customer support for Tubes4hifi VTA tube amp and preamp kits and all Dynakitparts.com products

2 posters

Goldpoint Vol Pot

WPFW893FM

Goldpoint Vol Pot Empty Goldpoint Vol Pot

Post by WPFW893FM Fri May 31, 2019 2:54 pm

Has anyone ever put a Goldpoint Vol Pot in there Pas 3X pre? I know the price of the pot is more then the price of the pre when it first came out but still I ask as I search for what will give the best return for the buck.
    PFW
    Peter W.
    Peter W.

Goldpoint Vol Pot Empty Re: Goldpoint Vol Pot

Post by Peter W. Fri May 31, 2019 3:01 pm

If you must replace the OEM volume pot on a PAS, Alps makes center-tapped 250K audio-taper devices that are excellent quality and will do all that you need.
    WPFW893FM

Post by WPFW893FM Fri May 31, 2019 4:20 pm

OK so 15 bucks then is what you are refering to? Also do I run the risk with any vol pot of having to shave or modify the shaft of the pot or do they match no problem. Just going off of dif posts I have read about repairs around the searchs I have made.
    Thanks.
    Peter W.
    Peter W.

Post by Peter W. Mon Jun 03, 2019 8:59 am

WPFW893FM wrote:OK so 15 bucks then is what you are refering to? Also do I run the risk with any vol pot of having to shave or modify the shaft of the pot or do they match no problem. Just going off of dif posts I have read about repairs around the searchs I have made.
    Thanks.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/1Pc-potentiometer-250K-log-alps-audio-amp-volume-control-pot-stereo-w-loudnessHV/283487688338

Should drop right in.
    WPFW893FM

Goldpoint Vol Pot Empty Pas 3X

Post by WPFW893FM Tue Jun 04, 2019 2:02 pm

thanks for the help. The pot is not horrible but a new one would be nice to have in it. might help overall sound I don;t know.?
    figure piece by piece these Dynaco amps and pre amps really did hold up well over time to my ears. Still amazes me.
    Peter W.
    Peter W.

Post by Peter W. Tue Jun 04, 2019 2:30 pm

Typically, David Hafler was just like NASA, using parts from the lowest bidders - but for his tubes and transformers. So, yes, it is remarkable how well they are standing up.
    WPFW893FM

Post by WPFW893FM Tue Jun 04, 2019 3:11 pm

I just opened up the bottom of a EICO HF 65 pre I have a pair so I open the bottom and it looks pristine shinny and all that. Not molested. Old caps and what not but still. You never know do you? The second one I will open up tonight or tomrrow. Just had to mention some people took good care of there audio others not so much.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon May 06, 2024 8:40 am