The Dynaco Tube Audio Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Dynaco Tube Audio Forum

Dedicated to the restoration and preservation of all original Dynaco tube audio equipment - Customer support for Tubes4hifi VTA tube amp and preamp kits and all Dynakitparts.com products

+8
bluemeanies
pichacker
jasn54
buchela
cci1492
Bob Latino
Dave_in_Va
audiobill
12 posters

Kentley Obituary

audiobill

Kentley Obituary Empty Kentley Obituary

Post by audiobill Sun Oct 06, 2019 11:15 am

All, I'm sad to have learned that a very active forum member and all around nice guy, "Kentley" has passed away.

Here is his obituary:

WORCESTER – Kent J. Bailey, 67, passed away peacefully at the home of his niece on Wednesday, September 25, 2019. He was born in Holden, the son of Carrol W. and Betty J. (Blunt) Bailey and had lived in Worcester for over twenty-five years.

Kent was a talented musician and song writer. As a high school senior, he was a member in the band “Ascension” which was the opening act for the band “The Who” at Holy Cross College in October, 1969. Over the years he played throughout New England and was a substitute for the Springfield Symphony Orchestra. Kent was a very active and well known person in the Green Island Neighborhood of Worcester. In his leisure, he enjoyed classical music and he loved his cats.

He leaves his sister, Marcella Miller and her husband, Kevin of Rindge, NH; his niece, Jennifer Pollock and her husband, John of Palmer; and many good friends and neighbors. He was predeceased by his brother, Brooks Bailey.

A private committal service will be held at Grove Cemetery in Holden. In lieu of flowers, memorial contributions may be made to the National Multiple Sclerosis Society, Greater New England Chapter, and 101 1st Ave., Ste. 6, Waltham, MA 02451.

Arrangements are under the care of the Miles Funeral Home, 1158 Main Street, Holden.

To share a memory or offer a condolence please visit "The Tribute Wall."

To read the Telegram and Gazette article about the Who concert at Holy Cross, click this link
    http://www.telegram.com/entertainmentlife/20190912/b-big-s-s-sensation-when-who-played-tommy-at-holy-cross?rssfeed=true

Kentley Obituary Empty Re: Kentley Obituary

Post by Guest Sun Oct 06, 2019 12:18 pm

Last edited by PeterCapo on Mon Nov 30, 2020 9:46 pm; edited 1 time in total
    Dave_in_Va
    Dave_in_Va

Post by Dave_in_Va Sun Oct 06, 2019 12:37 pm

I'm really, really sorry to hear that.
    He was a friendly and helpful voice here.
    Bob Latino
    Bob Latino
    Admin

Post by Bob Latino Sun Oct 06, 2019 3:13 pm

Kent Bailey was a valuable addition to this forum. Kent made 502 posts since he became a member in 2015 ... He many times added a light hearted comical slant to his posts. Below is a link to the 502 posts that Kent made from April of 2015 to April of 2019.

Kent Bailey posts on this forum

RIP Kent ..

Bob
    cci1492
    cci1492

Post by cci1492 Sun Oct 06, 2019 9:22 pm

Terrible news, always enjoyed reading what Kentley had to say. RIP Kentley, you will be missed.

Last edited by cci1492 on Wed Oct 09, 2019 8:43 am; edited 1 time in total
    buchela

Post by buchela Mon Oct 07, 2019 3:18 pm

Very sad.
    No long ago I was wondering why kently stopped posting for a while, and now .....he is gone. Very sad indeed.
    It was a real joy to read his posts, they all had something humorous in them, never contaminated with sequels of traumatic experiences , biases or frustrations. If he had them, he kept them all out of his posts. Kently was a class act !!!!!. A great guy, More than a few will miss him.
    Kent, now that you can die no more, enjoy the peace and blessings of eternal life, in the kingdom of God.
    Good bye friend.
    buch
    jasn54

Post by jasn54 Tue Oct 08, 2019 8:44 am

Sad, sad news. RIP Kent.
    pichacker
    pichacker

Post by pichacker Wed Oct 09, 2019 7:45 am

R.I.P. Kent.

bluemeanies
    bluemeanies

Post by bluemeanies Wed Oct 09, 2019 6:38 pm

Sad news indeed..I purchased some tubes from Kentley and although I never met him face to face I found his conversations very genuine and helpful..just a nice person.
    RIP..Kent
    Thanks for the post “audiobill”
    deepee99
    deepee99

Post by deepee99 Thu Oct 10, 2019 12:04 am

RIP to one of the finest gentlemen I have ever known, on and off the posting stage.
    Fare-the-well, Kentley. I'll miss our midnight phone calls over trivial matters concerning Man's Perfidy Towards Man, or the grave soul-searching necessary when choosing tubes.
    You were a good guy, Kentley.
    P.S Bob, thanks for stringing his posts together. They bring back fond memories.
    pedrocols
    pedrocols

Post by pedrocols Fri Oct 11, 2019 12:03 am

RIP. Crying or Very sad
    wgallupe
    wgallupe

Post by wgallupe Tue Oct 15, 2019 1:28 pm

RIP Kentley Crying or Very sad
    Tube Nube
    Tube Nube

Post by Tube Nube Sun Oct 20, 2019 11:51 am

I, too, am shocked and saddened by this news. He had a lot to contribute on the technical side through his posts, and of course his infectious humor was irrepressible. I’ll also miss the “behind the scenes” Kentley of Private Message chats. He was a generous and thoughtful guy, and if there was some irritation or frustration, he knew just what to say to put it all in perspective.

I didn’t know him well, but well enough to know that he call you both friends, so Bill and Dave, I am sorry, too, for the personal loss Kent’s death means for you.

And Kent, I want to say thank you. And now I join with the others in wishing you rest in peace.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Wed May 08, 2024 8:59 pm