The Dynaco Tube Audio Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Dynaco Tube Audio Forum

Dedicated to the restoration and preservation of all original Dynaco tube audio equipment - Customer support for Tubes4hifi VTA tube amp and preamp kits and all Dynakitparts.com products

Manual reset GFCI

Manual reset GFCI Empty Manual reset GFCI

Post by Guest Sun May 10, 2020 10:00 pm

I have read about these things in other threads and they look like a great idea. Would a GFCI panel breaker on a dedicated line serve the same purpose? Would a power outage shut it down as well?
    Dale Stevens

Manual reset GFCI Empty Re: Manual reset GFCI

Post by Dale Stevens Mon May 11, 2020 11:45 am

No, the panel breaker will only trip on a fault, as it will not trip on a power outage. What you want is a latching GFCI that has to be manually reset on a power glitch.
    See the Shockfield GFCI TRC14650006-6 @ Amazon. bout $30. That's want some of us use. Dale

Post by Guest Mon May 11, 2020 12:34 pm

Thanks Dale, I kinda’ thought so. I’ve seen extension cords with in-line manual reset GFCIs. I guess if you wanted to be creative, you could cut off the ends and install “audiophile approved” plugs - and then use these as power cables for sensitive components.

Wait a minute ..... have I just discovered a niche product? cheers

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri May 10, 2024 12:46 pm