The Dynaco Tube Audio Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Dynaco Tube Audio Forum

Dedicated to the restoration and preservation of all original Dynaco tube audio equipment - Customer support for Tubes4hifi VTA tube amp and preamp kits and all Dynakitparts.com products

+2
DavidR
Midwestside
6 posters

What genres of music do you like listening to on tube gear?

Midwestside
    Midwestside

What genres of music do you like listening to on tube gear? Empty What genres of music do you like listening to on tube gear?

Post by Midwestside Sat May 30, 2020 12:00 am

I did a search , perhaps has been asked a different way, but I just wondered what bands / genres you tube enthusiasts listen to / appreciate on tube gear?
    DavidR
    DavidR

What genres of music do you like listening to on tube gear? Empty Re: What genres of music do you like listening to on tube gear?

Post by DavidR Sat May 30, 2020 10:16 am

Jazz on vinyl.
    musicians like: Grover Washington Jr, George Benson, Tom Scott, Miles Davis, Monk, Brubeck, Stanley Clark, Sonny Rollins, David Sanborn, Larry Coryell, etc.
    jimmeq
    jimmeq

What genres of music do you like listening to on tube gear? Empty Re: What genres of music do you like listening to on tube gear?

Post by jimmeq Sun May 31, 2020 6:53 am

Acoustic music; Jazz, Folk, Soft Rock, etc.. Classical, solo to Symphony Orchestra. For Rock, Electric Jazz and such I prefer solid state.

Does anyone not listen to Bill Evans? I love the way the piano sounds with my VTA ST-120. James Taylor's New Moon Shine, David Crosby's IICORMN are a couple of favorites as well.
    corndog71
    corndog71

Post by corndog71 Mon Jun 01, 2020 6:50 pm

Everything.

Post by Guest Tue Jun 02, 2020 8:52 pm

Hebrew reggae hybrid
    boeingpilot

Post by boeingpilot Wed Jun 03, 2020 10:01 pm

Jazz. Spotify premium from a Mac mini optically connected to an Altis Audio Reference DAC and then to the PAS (FWIW)
    knotscott
    knotscott

Post by knotscott Sat Jun 20, 2020 7:42 am

I'll listen to almost anything that's well recorded from rock to classical, with an emphasis on acoustic instruments and vocals.

However lately I've been listening a lot of vocals and guitar music - both acoustic and electric...especially Mark Knofler - Dire Straits, Knofler with Chet Atkins, Notting Hillbillies, Willie Nelson, John Fogerty, Roy Orbison, Simply Red, Suzanne Vega, Bobby McFerrin, Jennifer Warnes, Linda Ronstadt w/Nelson Riddle, along with Bill Evans and some Blue Note jazz artists.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat Apr 27, 2024 10:25 am