The Dynaco Tube Audio Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Dynaco Tube Audio Forum

Dedicated to the restoration and preservation of all original Dynaco tube audio equipment - Customer support for Tubes4hifi VTA tube amp and preamp kits and all Dynakitparts.com products

2 posters

PAS2 tone control bypass

billinrio
    billinrio

PAS tone - PAS2 tone control bypass Empty PAS2 tone control bypass

Post by billinrio Wed Jul 01, 2020 11:23 am

I was never satisfied with the tone control performance of my PAS2. On my system it did little for the high frequencies and
    made the lower ones tubby.  Therefore, I always left them "flat".  But since it isn't a PAS3x the controls were never really out of
    the circuit. So, I decided to remove them.  Of the various instructions that I found online, I decided to go with the Audio Regenesis mod, since it
    includes using 1µF caps in order to prevent DC voltage at the outputs.  I just finished the procedure and I'm stunned by the improvement.
    in clarity and imaging. Moreover, both trebel and bass reproduction are greatly improved. It's as if a veil has been removed from in front of the speakers. This mod is truly a no-brainer.

10-E-C likes this post

buchela

PAS tone - PAS2 tone control bypass Empty Re: PAS2 tone control bypass

Post by buchela Thu Jul 02, 2020 12:15 am

Good post, but the pictures kinda hard to see.

billinrio likes this post

billinrio
    billinrio

Post by billinrio Thu Jul 02, 2020 6:54 pm

buchela wrote:Good post, but the pictures kinda hard to see.

You would have to look REALLY hard Wink I moved the post to the correct forum.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat Apr 27, 2024 6:30 am