The Dynaco Tube Audio Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Dynaco Tube Audio Forum

Dedicated to the restoration and preservation of all original Dynaco tube audio equipment - Customer support for Tubes4hifi VTA tube amp and preamp kits and all Dynakitparts.com products

2 posters

Anyone know about these....

Section1

Anyone know about these.... Empty Anyone know about these....

Post by Section1 Mon Apr 26, 2021 11:38 pm

I was actually looking for pictures of original Dynaco's to see if the one I have is actually a real one and I ran across this. It seems to be a easy way to add a headphone jack to a amp. It's made by Lafayette but they seem to be out of business now. Looks like the headphone jack was made to be there. Maybe it was, was that a option when ordering a kit?

Does anyone know if someone else is making these anymore? I wouldn't mind having a headphone jack at times and this seems easy to install one, and I need easy. I'll try to post a pic. 

Anyone know about these.... 890937-EB-9075-4-A3-E-B5-C4-4-F3-F1887-C23-B

Anyone know about these.... FFB3-E13-D-0-DC2-4195-B7-BA-C876995-F9-D24
    peterh
    peterh

Anyone know about these.... Empty Re: Anyone know about these....

Post by peterh Mon Apr 26, 2021 11:55 pm

I would advise NOT to connect headphone to a power amp. Reasons are two :
    1 / it could permanently destroy your hearing as there is too much power available
    2 / it could damage the amp as load might be disconnected, a tube amp needs loading.

Use a headphone amp, it will also save time on your poweramp as it does not need to be powered on all the time.

Last edited by peterh on Mon Apr 26, 2021 11:55 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : spellcheck)

Current date/time is Sun May 19, 2024 7:50 pm