The Dynaco Tube Audio Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Dynaco Tube Audio Forum

Dedicated to the restoration and preservation of all original Dynaco tube audio equipment - Customer support for Tubes4hifi VTA tube amp and preamp kits and all Dynakitparts.com products

The Yellow Sheet Tube Rectifier Modification

Tom Pickett
    Tom Pickett

The Yellow Sheet Tube Rectifier Modification Empty The Yellow Sheet Tube Rectifier Modification

Post by Tom Pickett Wed Apr 28, 2021 12:08 pm

The Yellow Sheet Tube Rectifier Modification

Good morning everyone... I hope all of you are having a good day and are safe.

I've received my 10A10 diodes this morning and let me just say they look great. These diodes are rated 1000V at 10A with very little voltage drop. Yes I know, they are overkill, but they are only six dollars for 10 diode's and that's less than a dollar per diode.

There is a lot of heat being generated inside these tube amplifiers because of the tubes and transformers and many other things along with a small amount of heat that's being generated by a much smaller diode.

To me, it's better to have a little overkill than to have less to make sure voltages stay stable on those tubes.

I will be mounting 2 of these diodes on a terminal strip next to the rectifier tube. The other diodes I'll be using for other projects or repair.

Down below I found a really good video on this subject and it gives a lot of information as to why this modification is necessary and why I am doing this mod.

Have a good day and clear skies everyone and stay safe my friends.

Tom

Dynaco VTA-ST70 Rectifier tube protection mod:

Dynaco VTA-ST70 Vacuum Tube Power Amp Troubleshoot and Repair:

The Yellow Sheet Tube Rectifier Modification 17905210

Last edited by Tom Pickett on Wed Apr 28, 2021 3:26 pm; edited 1 time in total

edman44 likes this post

Tom Pickett
    Tom Pickett

The Yellow Sheet Tube Rectifier Modification Empty Re: The Yellow Sheet Tube Rectifier Modification

Post by Tom Pickett Wed Apr 28, 2021 1:59 pm

Another good one from 12voltvids. This video also answers a lot of questions some of you have been asking when you have problems with new or used rectifier tubes.

Dynaco VTA-ST70 Tube replace and bias set:

martin and edman44 like this post

Current date/time is Sat Apr 27, 2024 2:58 pm