The Dynaco Tube Audio Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Dynaco Tube Audio Forum

Dedicated to the restoration and preservation of all original Dynaco tube audio equipment - Customer support for Tubes4hifi VTA tube amp and preamp kits and all Dynakitparts.com products

Optimal Cap Values for PAM1 PS-1 Restoration Hum Reduction

bubbasweet
    bubbasweet

Optimal Cap Values for PAM1 PS-1 Restoration Hum Reduction Empty Optimal Cap Values for PAM1 PS-1 Restoration Hum Reduction

Post by bubbasweet Mon Aug 02, 2021 12:52 pm

I will redo all the Can caps and the PS-1 also. Would you stay with original values or up them to decrease hum? I think the PS-1 is 10 10 450V, the PAMs 20 10 10 10?

I will also shorten the wires from the PS-1 to the chassis from 6 Ft to 1ft. All in hopes of reducing hum. That is my prime goal.

That being said anyone know a good source for the 3 I need? Prefer Metal can caps.

Lastly do the carbon resistors around the power supply cap contribute to hum and is it worth replacing them or leave em if they measure correct? I love these PAM's tone, that is why I am doing this project. I have never been happy with small but still "room" noticeable amount of hum they generate compared to the PASs I have which is almost un-noticable. I did the filament caps and diode to silicon a long time ago.

Any advice appreciated.

Current date/time is Sun Apr 28, 2024 1:57 am