The Dynaco Tube Audio Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Dynaco Tube Audio Forum

Dedicated to the restoration and preservation of all original Dynaco tube audio equipment - Customer support for Tubes4hifi VTA tube amp and preamp kits and all Dynakitparts.com products

2 posters

Dyanco VTA-PA-060-120 DP Transformer.

edman44

Dyanco VTA-PA-060-120 DP Transformer. Empty Dyanco VTA-PA-060-120 DP Transformer.

Post by edman44 Thu Aug 05, 2021 1:08 pm

Hello,
    I took the covers off of the VTA-PA-060-120 DP Transformer for painting. And not thinking at the time to write down the colors of the wires that come out of the two holes one on the left and the other on the right side so I don't get them mixed up. I don't believe I did just want to make sure. I have 9 ea. on the left side and 6 ea. on the right side. Would anyone happen to know the color codes for each side? I looked at pictures but it's hard to tell the colors and how many are on each side. I guess it would tell me when I go to wire it up?
    Bob Latino
    Bob Latino
    Admin

Dyanco VTA-PA-060-120 DP Transformer. Empty Re: Dyanco VTA-PA-060-120 DP Transformer.

Post by Bob Latino Thu Aug 05, 2021 2:07 pm

edman44 wrote:  Hello,
                I took the covers off of the VTA-PA-060-120 DP Transformer for painting. And not thinking at the time to write down the colors of the wires that come out of the two holes one on the left and the other on the right side so I don't get them mixed up. I don't believe I did just want to make sure. I have 9 ea. on the left side and 6 ea. on the right side. Would anyone happen to know the color codes for each side? I looked at pictures but it's hard to tell the colors and how many are on each side. I guess it would tell me when I go to wire it up?

If you hold the VTA-PA-060-120 DP power transformer upside down with the holes facing away from you, yes > you should have 9 wires coming out of the hole on the LEFT side and 6 wires coming out of the hole on the RIGHT side.

LEFT HOLE > 9 wires

Two RED wires
    Two WHITE wires
    Two GREEN wires
    One BLACK wire
    One BLACK/WHITE wire
    One BLACK/YELLOW wire

RIGHT HOLE > 6 wires

Two BROWN wires
    One GREEN/YELLOW wire
    One RED/YELLOW wire
    One RED/BLACK wire
    One BROWN/YELLOW wire

Another note > Do NOT twist any of the wires INSIDE the bottom cover. Run the wires straight out of the holes in the bottom cover and then twist them IF the manual tells you to twist them.

Bob
    edman44

Dyanco VTA-PA-060-120 DP Transformer. Empty Re: Dyanco VTA-PA-060-120 DP Transformer.

Post by edman44 Thu Aug 05, 2021 2:35 pm

Thank you, Bob, For a minute there I was worried. I am going to print that out just in case. Very Happy

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun May 19, 2024 3:25 pm