The Dynaco Tube Audio Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Dynaco Tube Audio Forum

Dedicated to the restoration and preservation of all original Dynaco tube audio equipment - Customer support for Tubes4hifi VTA tube amp and preamp kits and all Dynakitparts.com products

3 posters

VTA M-125 hum

syrinxcs

VTA M-125 hum Empty VTA M-125 hum

Post by syrinxcs Sat Dec 04, 2021 12:19 pm

One of my M-125 has a humming sound that is very noticeable in the speaker. I replaced the input jack as the rca cable was loose fitting and swapped out both driver tubes. Also plugged it in to a different outlet. Any other suggestions? the amp has low hours on it. Also noticed that when i put only 2 power tubes in the right 2 slots (when looking from front) i have no hum. Moving to left gives hum and bias goes very high. Bias goes up to 1400 mv. Bias also goes whacky and fluctuates wildly with tubes in left 2 sockets. If i try to adjust it lower, a thumping sound is heard in the speaker. I resoldered all connections and measured all resistors. Also tightened all socket pins. Thanks

ericoto

VTA M-125 hum Empty Re: VTA M-125 hum

Post by ericoto Fri Dec 10, 2021 5:56 pm

Did you notice before you switched input and changed driver tubes? What tubes are you using a drivers? If it worked then go back an reexamine your work, could be a poor connection or a short.
    Tom

Post by Tom Sat Dec 11, 2021 3:57 pm

I thought power tubes went front and/or back on the m-125? Not left and right? Two in either front or back for 60w, four for 120w with correct bias?

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun May 19, 2024 6:42 pm