The Dynaco Tube Audio Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Dynaco Tube Audio Forum

Dedicated to the restoration and preservation of all original Dynaco tube audio equipment - Customer support for Tubes4hifi VTA tube amp and preamp kits and all Dynakitparts.com products

2 posters

ST-70 chassis ground

bootstrapjesse

ST-70 chassis ground Empty ST-70 chassis ground

Post by bootstrapjesse Fri Sep 02, 2022 5:10 pm

Greetings. I have an ST-70 chassis that is power coated. I was wondering if there was any other places that I need to ground components directly to the chassis other than the main ground stud, and the two bias resistors. I guess I'll just need to grind off the powder coat with a Dremel/wire wheel.

Thanks in advance for the info. --J
    Bob Latino
    Bob Latino
    Admin

ST-70 chassis ground Empty Re: ST-70 chassis ground

Post by Bob Latino Fri Sep 02, 2022 5:47 pm

bootstrapjesse wrote:Greetings. I have an ST-70 chassis that is power coated. I was wondering if there was any other places that I need to ground components directly to the chassis other than the main ground stud, and the two bias resistors. I guess I'll just need to grind off the powder coat with a Dremel/wire wheel.

Thanks in advance for the info.  --J

Yes - Just grind off the powder coating at the places on the inside of the chassis where you have to ground certain components.

Bob
    bootstrapjesse

Post by bootstrapjesse Fri Sep 02, 2022 8:25 pm

Bob Latino wrote:
    bootstrapjesse wrote:Greetings. I have an ST-70 chassis that is power coated. I was wondering if there was any other places that I need to ground components directly to the chassis other than the main ground stud, and the two bias resistors. I guess I'll just need to grind off the powder coat with a Dremel/wire wheel.

Thanks in advance for the info.  --J

Yes - Just grind off the powder coating at the places on the inside of the chassis where you have to ground certain components.

Bob

Hi Mr Bob. Thanks for the reply. My main question was if any other components needed to be directly grounded to the chassis other than the main ground stud, and the two bias resistors.  Thanks again --Jesse
    Bob Latino
    Bob Latino
    Admin

Post by Bob Latino Fri Sep 02, 2022 9:36 pm

On a STOCK Dynaco ST-70 just the two bias resistor grounds and the main ground point next to the quad cap need to be grounded directly to the chassis. On the original Dynaco ST-70 sockets V2 and V7 were grounded to the chassis. When you install socket V2 and V7 use a meter to make sure that these two sockets are properly grounded to the chassis. You should remove some of the powder coating on the bottom of the chassis where V2 and V7 connect to the chassis so that the metal of the socket connects to the chassis. See stock Dynaco ST-70 wiring pictorial below.

Bob

ST-70 chassis ground ST-70-pictorial-with-stock-driver-board
    bootstrapjesse

Post by bootstrapjesse Sun Sep 04, 2022 4:23 pm

Bob Latino wrote:On a STOCK Dynaco ST-70 just the two bias resistor grounds and the main ground point next to the quad cap need to be grounded directly to the chassis. On the original Dynaco ST-70 sockets V2 and V7 were grounded to the chassis. When you install socket V2 and V7 use a meter to make sure that these two sockets are properly grounded to the chassis. You should remove some of the powder coating on the bottom of the chassis where V2 and V7 connect to the chassis so that the metal of the socket connects to the chassis. See stock Dynaco ST-70 wiring pictorial below.

Bob

ST-70 chassis ground ST-70-pictorial-with-stock-driver-board

Thanks again Mr Bob. I really appreciate what you do. --Jesse

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Tue May 07, 2024 3:44 pm