The Dynaco Tube Audio Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Dynaco Tube Audio Forum

Dedicated to the restoration and preservation of all original Dynaco tube audio equipment - Customer support for Tubes4hifi VTA tube amp and preamp kits and all Dynakitparts.com products

2 posters

ST-120 system in Costa Rica

baddog1946
    baddog1946

ST-120 system in Costa Rica Empty ST-120 system in Costa Rica

Post by baddog1946 Sun Oct 03, 2010 10:46 am

Hi all:
    Thought I would try to post these pics again. My first try was a little amateurish. they are now properly captioned and here is an explanation of how it works.

so here goes............

The system uses a PC based archive.

I use a computer with "Mediamonkey" to organize it all from the archive side and I have 1.6 terabytes on 2 hard drives almost full of Jazz, Blues and various classic rock and roll.

I digitized my collection of 40 years on to the hard drives and converted everything to the FLAC format.

I use the PC based jukebox for managing the music and the EQ to set the master input volume and tweak the sound mix.

I go directly to the amp from the PC via the "Gamma II" DAC and only use the preamp for component selection and to set the input levels of the CD/Tuner section.
    It all works great and my amp (the heart and soul of the system) is a real winner. Its DEAD quiet!

The hardware is as follows:

"Acer" 6460 Pentium 4 Computer

"Latino" ST-120 amp

"Bottlehead Foreplay III Extended" preamp

"Onkyo CR-305TX" CD and tuner section

2 H.D.D.'s with 1.6 terabytes for the archive

Custom "Gamma-2" DAC (made for me by a buddy).

"Scott Endler" DACT 12 step attenuators for the sub woofer volume.(best deal on the internet for these attenuators).

"Decware NFX" full range speakers (99dB SPL)

"Teac" 6" sub woofer

Cheers!!

PHOTOBUCKET PICTURES ARE HERE:

https://s1212.photobucket.com/albums/cc446/baddog1946/Baddog1946%20%20PC%20%20ST-120%20based%20system/
    Sprags

ST-120 system in Costa Rica Empty Re: ST-120 system in Costa Rica

Post by Sprags Wed Apr 03, 2013 7:12 pm

Nice system...the log is awesome!

Current date/time is Tue Mar 19, 2024 2:55 am