The Dynaco Tube Audio Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Dynaco Tube Audio Forum

Dedicated to the restoration and preservation of all original Dynaco tube audio equipment - Customer support for Tubes4hifi VTA tube amp and preamp kits and all Dynakitparts.com products

3 posters

Digital Bias Meters

jwb474

Digital Bias Meters Empty Digital Bias Meters

Post by jwb474 Sat Jan 20, 2024 11:44 pm

I am about to start my MK-3 builds and was interested in the meters. I read somewhere that they are going thru an update, if so, what's the update and it's status? Also is there any technical info like a installation manual that I can reference so I can accommodate the meters when I start.
    batman7349

Digital Bias Meters Empty Re: Digital Bias Meters

Post by batman7349 Sun Jan 28, 2024 4:34 pm

I would like to know also. I’m waiting to purchase until I find out more. Also just received my dual rectifier kit and it is a new revision with 6 capacitors and modified B+ wiring. No big deal, just nice to have visual aids…
    Dan W
    Dan W
    Admin

Post by Dan W Fri Feb 02, 2024 11:36 pm

jwb474 wrote:I am about to start my MK-3 builds and was interested in the meters. I read somewhere that they are going thru an update, if so, what's the update and it's status? Also is there any technical info like a installation manual that I can reference so I can accommodate the meters when I start.
    I'm always looking for ways to improve products while keeping the cost low and providing value.
    As for pending changes to the bias displays, the following are on my radar:
    An additional cap to help with potential display flicker.
    Providing tint with each kit for the user to install should they want a darker display or lower translucence of the display mounting. -I need to get some in hand to try out before including with kits.
    An additional color option for the displays as not everyone likes blue. I have a few red displays in hand I need to test.
    No plans at this time for any major changes.

Instructions are provided with purchase and I can answer questions as needed.
    jwb474

Post by jwb474 Mon Feb 05, 2024 5:56 am

Will this be compatible with the bias meters? The circuit provides a buffered drive with a gain adjustable from 1 to 4 and a +9v aux dc. I currently have it calibrated to read the original "Biaset" voltage of 1.56v with 50ma .

[img]

Here's a link to the imageshack folder for a preview of the upcoming MK-3s:
    https://imageshack.com/a/HANW7/1
    jwb474

Post by jwb474 Mon Feb 05, 2024 6:01 am

For some reason the image did not post even thou it was there in the preview and I cant edit the post.

Digital Bias Meters N6bJXQ

ichal likes this post

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun Apr 28, 2024 11:36 am