The Dynaco Tube Audio Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Dynaco Tube Audio Forum

Dedicated to the restoration and preservation of all original Dynaco tube audio equipment - Customer support for Tubes4hifi VTA tube amp and preamp kits and all Dynakitparts.com products

Heat and the VTA120

t8ter

Heat and the VTA120 Empty Heat and the VTA120

Post by t8ter Sun Jan 16, 2011 2:41 pm

I am an avid reader of the tube forum which has alot of posts which ask the same questions that I am unclear on and interested in. That said, I read alot of posts on here concerning the temperature which the VTA 120 (and VTA 70) run at. As with most electrical equipment , heat is always a concern and with all tube devices heat is present. If a tube amp is working properly, bias is easily achieved, and hum is not audible, is there any reason for concern about damage being done to transformers and heat generating components other than that through normal use. I had my amp assembled by Bob and after emailing him about my fears and a bad rectifier, then calling him. I promptly received answers to all and was left to sit and enjoy which I have been doing for almost a year now. Thanks for everything Bob.

Ted

Current date/time is Tue Mar 19, 2024 6:04 am