The Dynaco Tube Audio Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Dynaco Tube Audio Forum

Dedicated to the restoration and preservation of all original Dynaco tube audio equipment - Customer support for Tubes4hifi VTA tube amp and preamp kits and all Dynakitparts.com products

+2
peterh
poconoman
6 posters

SCA 35. What update mods should be done?

poconoman
    poconoman

SCA 35. What update mods should be done?  - Page 4 Empty Re: SCA 35. What update mods should be done?

Post by poconoman Tue Aug 13, 2013 8:07 pm

UPDATE:

I switched the tubes and the bias went up a little to 21 from 19. I also switched speakers to KLH 22 and these little buggers sound wonderful. And the amp? Works beautifully. I very happy to see and old timer given new life.I love you 

BTW, the amp is running WITHOUT the cage and no hum.cheers

SCA 35. What update mods should be done?  - Page 4 Empty Re: SCA 35. What update mods should be done?

Post by Guest Tue Aug 13, 2013 8:20 pm

Which tubes went from 19 to 21, the same tubes or the same channel? If one channel is 27 then the other should be no less than 25-26 and no higher than 28-29. They should be matched within 5% of each other.

In my system my readings are 274mV in one channel and 271mV in the other.
    poconoman
    poconoman

Post by poconoman Tue Aug 13, 2013 9:46 pm

Captain Coconut wrote:Which tubes went from 19 to 21, the same tubes or the same channel? If one channel is 27 then the other should be no less than 25-26 and no higher than 28-29. They should be matched within 5% of each other.

In my system my readings are 274mV in one channel and 271mV in the other.
    I switched the same tubes to the opposite channel and it went up a little. Weird. But I did order a matched quad of Reflector tubes. Let's see what happens. But so far, it sounds wonderful.
    poconoman
    poconoman

Post by poconoman Thu Aug 15, 2013 9:53 am

It's been three days playing the SCA35 and it makes me smile every time. Mated with a pair of KLH 22's, the highs are crisp, mids silky and bass tight. Not slow or sloppy. A side note on the KLH 22's. They give out very good bass and a nice overall soundstage. I was listening to Miles Davis, Kind of Blue and it sounded beautiful. I felt as if the instruments where live in my living room. Magical. And this was coming out of my laptop. I'm sure the audio card is not great, but this combo made it sound rich.

The SCA35 is definitely a keeper and well worth the EFB mod. HIGHLY RECOMMENDED.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri May 17, 2024 1:31 am