The Dynaco Tube Audio Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Dynaco Tube Audio Forum

Dedicated to the restoration and preservation of all original Dynaco tube audio equipment - Customer support for Tubes4hifi VTA tube amp and preamp kits and all Dynakitparts.com products

3 posters

Dynaco PAS-3 with overkill power supply - photo

Bob Latino
    Bob Latino
    Admin

Dynaco PAS-3 with overkill power supply - photo    Empty Dynaco PAS-3 with overkill power supply - photo

Post by Bob Latino Wed Aug 14, 2013 7:03 pm

Dynaco PAS-3 with overkill power supply - photo    EbayPAS-3_zpsaa54f5fb

Someone alerted me to this "Bubbed up" Dynaco PAS-3 with a humungous power supply. No bass, treble, blend or balance controls on this one - no room. Ten 150 uF @ 330 volt power caps. I can't tell if they are alone (1500 uF @ 330 volts) or wired in series pairs (750 uF @ 660 volts). No tube rectifier - must be solid state rectification. Hey, let's cover up the tube rectifier socket with a piece of tape. We don't want this (now) unused tube socket to get any dust in the socket pins .. The quad cap is still there but may or may not be part of the circuit ? Check out those humpty dumpty doubled up resistors in series on the phono board ...

I love seeing custom Dynaco gear or tasteful rebuilds but stuff like this makes my stomach turn. Hey, Lets pair this PAS-3 PREAMP up with the most "Bubbed up" ST-70 AMP on record as seen below. What a pair ... lol! "Honey, keep the fire extinguisher handy .. I'm gonna fire these puppies up !"

Bob

Dynaco PAS-3 with overkill power supply - photo    GSIboardabortion
    Roy Mottram
    Roy Mottram
    Admin

Dynaco PAS-3 with overkill power supply - photo    Empty Re: Dynaco PAS-3 with overkill power supply - photo

Post by Roy Mottram Thu Aug 15, 2013 11:21 am

I'll bet this works ALOT better ! Very Happy 

Dynaco PAS-3 with overkill power supply - photo    Up45s
    arledgsc
    arledgsc

Dynaco PAS-3 with overkill power supply - photo    Empty Re: Dynaco PAS-3 with overkill power supply - photo

Post by arledgsc Thu Aug 15, 2013 4:14 pm

Yikes!  cyclops

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Wed May 08, 2024 11:39 am