The Dynaco Tube Audio Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Dynaco Tube Audio Forum

Dedicated to the restoration and preservation of all original Dynaco tube audio equipment - Customer support for Tubes4hifi VTA tube amp and preamp kits and all Dynakitparts.com products

4 posters

Mark III w/ new octal board

Elrick

Mark III w/ new octal board  Empty Mark III w/ new octal board

Post by Elrick Wed Nov 13, 2013 7:33 am

I recently ordered a Mark III kit with the octal driver board. It will arrive soon and I was wondering if anybody has built one of these kits. I'd like to see some pictures of the underside of the chassis so I can see a
    good representation of correct lead dress. I don't have any pictures of how it should look all hooked up together. Thanks, I better get my soldering iron tuned up.
    peterh
    peterh

Mark III w/ new octal board  Empty Re: Mark III w/ new octal board

Post by peterh Wed Nov 13, 2013 7:41 am

Elrick wrote:I recently ordered a Mark III kit with the octal driver board. It will arrive soon and I was wondering if anybody has built one of these kits. I'd like to see some pictures of the underside of the chassis so I can see a
    good representation of correct lead dress. I don't have any pictures of how it should look all hooked up together.  Thanks, I better get my soldering iron tuned up.  
    If it's a regular kit then proper instructions and wire routing is included. Don't worry !
    Elrick

Post by Elrick Wed Nov 13, 2013 8:13 am

I guess it's not a regular kit then. I have received individual sections of paper work just different documents taken from various projects. I'll be able to piece it together, but a good picture would help.
    peterh
    peterh

Post by peterh Wed Nov 13, 2013 9:57 am

Elrick wrote:
    I guess it's not a regular kit then. I have received individual sections of paper work just different documents taken from various projects.  I'll be able to piece it together, but a good picture would help.  
    My mistake, i thought it was a regular kit.
    Still you could ask the vendor about some picture and/or supplemental documentation.

But look at it in this way : you have to figure it out for yourself, possibly repeated attempts until good. When done you have actually learned something new and have experience of final design issues. Thus you are more competent for the next round.

Learning is never wrong!
    stewdan

Post by stewdan Wed Nov 13, 2013 1:25 pm

Hi -- I have built Roy's VTA Octal Version of the Mark III.

Do a Forum Search for the topic "Octal Option??" and see Post Number 24 (which should be on the 2nd Page of the Topic) where Roy shows a very good wiring diagram for the Mk III VTA Octal Board.

If you have questions, just ask.

Stew
    arledgsc
    arledgsc

Post by arledgsc Wed Nov 13, 2013 11:14 pm

If you are waiting for Roy M. to respond he is on holiday until Nov. 18, 2013.  Otherwise the helpful folks around here will be happy to answer questions.
    Elrick

Post by Elrick Wed Nov 13, 2013 11:54 pm

I really don't have a specific question just yet. The packages haven't been delivered yet, should be here on Friday. I was just going through the documents that I received to get ready and noticed there were not any pictures of the underside of a finished unit. Just wanted to get an idea of the best layout the wires.

Don't worry I'll probably have plenty of questions.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Wed May 01, 2024 11:51 pm