The Dynaco Tube Audio Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Dynaco Tube Audio Forum

Dedicated to the restoration and preservation of all original Dynaco tube audio equipment - Customer support for Tubes4hifi VTA tube amp and preamp kits and all Dynakitparts.com products

Blonder-Tongue EQ

Blonder-Tongue EQ Empty Blonder-Tongue EQ

Post by Guest Thu Mar 13, 2014 8:12 pm

is anyone here familiar here with the Blonder-Tongue circuitry.
    I have all the details to build one, it will be a stereo unit, but really do not wish to use the output amp used on the original, don't really need it.
    Just wondering if I 'delete' the amp stage and basically go straight from the EQ output stage to the power amp, if there are going to be any problems with that signal, thanks.
    Sal
    Sal

Blonder-Tongue EQ Empty Re: Blonder-Tongue EQ

Post by Sal Sat Mar 15, 2014 2:49 pm

Why don't you ask the man himself. Go to Ben Tongue's webpage at bentongue.com. Ben is an amazing man to talk to.

He is a member of NJARC.org, the club I belong to but has not been to a meeting in the last few years. Here I am in the middle with Ben on the left and Issac on the right.

Blonder-Tongue EQ Salbt

Sal

Post by Guest Sat Mar 15, 2014 3:14 pm

Sal wrote:Why don't you ask the man himself. Go to Ben Tongue's webpage at bentongue.com. Ben is an amazing man to talk to.

He is a member of NJARC.org, the club I belong to but has not been to a meeting in the last few years. Here I am in the middle with Ben on the left and Issac on the right.

Blonder-Tongue EQ Salbt

Sal

hey Sal, thanks for that, this is great info. I shall contact Ben and see if he's happy to help me out!

Post by Guest Wed Mar 19, 2014 6:52 pm

I am currently working on layout, circuit mods etc., and cannot decide wether to use .15" pitch Veroboard for the building of the circuit or the more traditional tag board.
    With the Veroboard, I am thinking of cutting holes into the Veroboard so that the tube sockets, which will be mounted on the top plate, will protrude through each hole, and all associated components will then be soldered around each tube with short link wires connecting to the tube socket pins.
    With the tag boards, I would probably mount them between each row of tubes, then soldering the associated components on the tag board and again using short link wires to connect to the tube socket pins.
    My main worry at this stage is interference/hum etc., would using a Verboard be more prone to interference caused by components being too close together?
    I could use tracks on the Veroboard as 'grounding' tracks, running 0V on them and placing them in such a manner so these would run under and around components.
    A drawback with Veroboard is that mistakes would/could be easier to make, I would have to cut tracks etc. and run link wires, any of those out of place or missing could cause hours of frustrating fault finding.
    Tag boards on the other hand are fairly straight forward, or lets say more so than Veroboard, and it is easier to keep track of the circuit as components are added etc.
    Your thoughts and comments are very much appreciated, thank you.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Tue May 07, 2024 8:27 pm