The Dynaco Tube Audio Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Dynaco Tube Audio Forum

Dedicated to the restoration and preservation of all original Dynaco tube audio equipment - Customer support for Tubes4hifi VTA tube amp and preamp kits and all Dynakitparts.com products

2 posters

Youtube vid of my Dynaco amp

MattR

Youtube vid of my Dynaco amp  Empty Youtube vid of my Dynaco amp

Post by MattR Sun May 18, 2014 1:24 pm

Elrick

Youtube vid of my Dynaco amp  Empty Re: Youtube vid of my Dynaco amp

Post by Elrick Sat May 24, 2014 2:10 pm

Exceptional system, very cool. Got to ask, whats in the fancy box on the bottom shelf and did you make that stereo stand? Not sure what are those smaller units on the left, some kind of auxillary power for a subwoofer?? Those speakers look a little like my older B@W CDM7NT's. Do yours also have a rear firing port?
    MattR

Post by MattR Sun May 25, 2014 7:47 pm

Elrick wrote:Exceptional system, very cool. Got to ask, whats in the fancy box on the bottom shelf and did you make that stereo stand? Not sure what are those smaller units on the left, some kind of auxillary power for a subwoofer?? Those speakers look a little like my older B@W CDM7NT's. Do yours also have a rear firing port?  

Hi Elrick, the box on the bottom shelf is just a cigar humidor. I quit smoking pipes and cigars about 10 years ago but I've still kept the paraphernalia. The audio rack is store-bought as is everything in the set-up except the ST-70 -Thats a restore job by Celby of ebay fame. I purchased it about 9 years ago and it's still going strong.

To the left of the ST-70 is a phono-amp. It's a Vincent model 700. All the model numbers of my equipment are in the vid's description. The cooling fans are far from ideal, I know. (Lots of noise, hum, etc). But they do the job and the noise doesn't really bother me. I wanted to get one of those Parasound Z-breezes but they've been discontinued. I should purchase some sort of real electronics cooling system, but like I said, I'm not really bothered by the noise. (I don't like running the unit without the cover (aesthetically) -I know some people like em without the cover.

This is really my second system. I have a regular AV-2 channel set up with my TV. Here I just wanted a dedicated audio-only tube set up but I didn't want to spend over $4K-$5K. The restored Dynaco has served my purposes admirably. I've been making several upgrades over the years (the Pro-ject turntable, B&W Speakers, Blue-jeans cable, etc). But on the whole, the ol'boy sounds pretty darn good.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 26, 2024 6:37 am