The Dynaco Tube Audio Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Dynaco Tube Audio Forum

Dedicated to the restoration and preservation of all original Dynaco tube audio equipment - Customer support for Tubes4hifi VTA tube amp and preamp kits and all Dynakitparts.com products

2 posters

Superior variacs on eBay

Gregg R.
    Gregg R.

Superior variacs on eBay Empty Superior variacs on eBay

Post by Gregg R. Sun Aug 17, 2014 10:10 pm

I found this seller on eBay with several reasonably priced variacs in good condition:

Superior Variacs

As of 8/23/14, all items have been sold!![/b]

Last edited by Gregg R. on Sun Aug 24, 2014 4:18 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Variacs have been sold.)
    zx

Superior variacs on eBay Empty Re: Superior variacs on eBay

Post by zx Mon Aug 18, 2014 9:45 am

5VA well work with tube amps ezey... but higher is good too..........5VA is good to test an even work on big SS amps Like Krell An Pass....i just would not run Big SS on the Varics for long time...
    I run all my tube amp on Vaircs.....you can tune the tone....works great...any time i sale old tube amps like Dynaco ST70,MK3 thay get a Vairc....I have not lost any tube with Varics...best sounding B+ for me is about 460-480....when driving ESL 480 ...B&W, thiel,Klipsch,ezey drive...460..
    Anthing above 500B+ kill the tone....to me anyway... on any tube amp...

I have been picking up Varics when i see them for years....yard sals an fle-markets

most i have ever paid is $10-15......but tube cost much more an some cant be had..
    an the tone you can get with a varici... well worth $100....hell thats two tubes......

Thanks for the site Bob..............................

Current date/time is Fri Apr 26, 2024 8:53 pm