The Dynaco Tube Audio Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Dynaco Tube Audio Forum

Dedicated to the restoration and preservation of all original Dynaco tube audio equipment - Customer support for Tubes4hifi VTA tube amp and preamp kits and all Dynakitparts.com products

HAKKO soldering gear

HAKKO soldering gear Empty HAKKO soldering gear

Post by Guest Sat Sep 12, 2015 9:23 pm

over the past few weeks, I've collected a number of HAKKO soldering tools, a 'new' (used) soldering station model FP102 and the gem, a HAKKO desoldering station with hand gun, model 470-B. To buy this gear new is pretty much 'ouch', but managed to pick up both second hand for a fraction of the cost of new ones. Both models I have are discontinued, but especially the desoldering station, near new and works a charm.
    Now its even easier to correct my screw ups!! Wink Shocked
    So if you see some good used HAKKO soldering gear, buy it, it is really well made. (and no, I don't own any HAKKO stocks!)
    vtshopdog
    vtshopdog

HAKKO soldering gear Empty Re: HAKKO soldering gear

Post by vtshopdog Sat Sep 12, 2015 11:47 pm

+1 on Hakko gear.
    Have owned a mdi range 888 for a while and it's been stellar.
    I'm pretty much a tool nerd (well, gear nerd in general) and live by the old saying that a good tool hurts the day you buy it, but a junky tool hurts every time you pick it up.

Current date/time is Sat Apr 27, 2024 1:29 am