The Dynaco Tube Audio Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Dynaco Tube Audio Forum

Dedicated to the restoration and preservation of all original Dynaco tube audio equipment - Customer support for Tubes4hifi VTA tube amp and preamp kits and all Dynakitparts.com products

+4
bluemeanies
Maintarget
pedrocols
baddog1946
8 posters

Korg & Noritake Introduce Futuristic Nutube Vacuum Tubes

baddog1946
    baddog1946

Korg & Noritake Introduce Futuristic Nutube Vacuum Tubes Empty Korg & Noritake Introduce Futuristic Nutube Vacuum Tubes

Post by baddog1946 Thu Oct 22, 2015 3:48 pm

pedrocols
    pedrocols

Korg & Noritake Introduce Futuristic Nutube Vacuum Tubes Empty Re: Korg & Noritake Introduce Futuristic Nutube Vacuum Tubes

Post by pedrocols Thu Oct 22, 2015 6:32 pm

So I guess no tube rolling with these babies...
    Maintarget
    Maintarget

Korg & Noritake Introduce Futuristic Nutube Vacuum Tubes Empty Re: Korg & Noritake Introduce Futuristic Nutube Vacuum Tubes

Post by Maintarget Thu Oct 22, 2015 9:20 pm

Portable Battery powered tube amp yea baby now were talking:lol:
    bluemeanies
    bluemeanies

Post by bluemeanies Fri Oct 23, 2015 7:55 am

Hmmm..I wonder could these tubes be in Bob's future developments?
    Roy
    Roy

Post by Roy Tue Jan 23, 2018 3:23 am

Very cool
    pichacker
    pichacker

Post by pichacker Tue Jan 23, 2018 4:16 am

Looks more like a repurposed VFD to me...
    Peter W.
    Peter W.

Post by Peter W. Tue Jan 23, 2018 10:38 am

These are not so new, but still remarkable.

Somehow, I doubt we will be seeing anything like 60 watts running through one of these.... Perhaps for small-signal and/or headphone purposes. But, noise is going to be a tremendous problem, with those sorts of clearances.
    Roy
    Roy

Post by Roy Tue Jan 23, 2018 11:00 am

I think the noise is ok Peter - did a little dig for this and found some measurements that were very nice indeed. They were susceptible to microphony though. And yeah - I think the way this repurposed tech works unless they sandwich things together with ceramics or something it is for pre amp stage only usage for the time being..

The little amp they put together with these as the pre stage looks very nice though
    Korg & Noritake Introduce Futuristic Nutube Vacuum Tubes Mvi_5510
    ICE class D module doing the power stage. With GaN FET coming along nicely, perhaps next year something with those would yield an amp that sounds pretty darn good..

Roy Mottram
    Roy Mottram
    Admin

Post by Roy Mottram Wed Feb 07, 2018 7:57 pm

anybody wants a preamp with these tubes, let me know, I was considering building one for evaluation. No tube rolling though . . .

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Wed May 08, 2024 10:07 pm