The Dynaco Tube Audio Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Dynaco Tube Audio Forum

Dedicated to the restoration and preservation of all original Dynaco tube audio equipment - Customer support for Tubes4hifi VTA tube amp and preamp kits and all Dynakitparts.com products

2 posters

The Dynavox VR-70E II - China's version of the Dynaco ST-70

Bob Latino
    Bob Latino
    Admin

The Dynavox VR-70E II - China's version of the Dynaco ST-70 Empty The Dynavox VR-70E II - China's version of the Dynaco ST-70

Post by Bob Latino Fri Feb 12, 2016 6:33 pm

The Dynavox VR-70E II - China's version of the Dynaco ST-70 Dynavox%20amp_zpsrnzkyctf

The Chinese Dynavox VR-70E II is China's answer to the original Dynaco ST-70. Solid state rectification and one 6F2 driver tube for each channel. This amp AFAIK is not sold by any USA vendor but is presently being sold on Ebay UK and Ebay Italy .. It even has a built in phono stage ... It looks to me like some of the amps that Jolida makes ..

Bob
    peterh
    peterh

The Dynavox VR-70E II - China's version of the Dynaco ST-70 Empty Re: The Dynavox VR-70E II - China's version of the Dynaco ST-70

Post by peterh Fri Feb 12, 2016 6:41 pm

I have had one.
    Trafos not so good, the concortina has unbalanced resistors.
    Need i say more ?

It was sold by german postorder and costed usd550 , so i could not resist.

Bob Latino
    Bob Latino
    Admin

The Dynavox VR-70E II - China's version of the Dynaco ST-70 Empty Re: The Dynavox VR-70E II - China's version of the Dynaco ST-70

Post by Bob Latino Fri Feb 12, 2016 6:45 pm

peterh wrote:I have had one.
    Trafos not so good, the concortina has unbalanced resistors.
    Need i say more ?

Yes - I would have guessed that they did not use good quality transformers to keep the price down .. They should (to be true to their country) probably have named it the "Chynavox" ...

Bob

Post by Guest Sat Feb 13, 2016 12:53 am

I dunno...most Asian designed amps, for my eyes anyway, just don't look right. Either too much bling with chrome or stainless steel, gawdy face plates and name plates, big square transformer covers...mind you...there is a reason for those big transformer covers...to hide those itty bitty transformers they tend to use to save on $.....they just don't look right!....and in a lot of cases...don't perform right either.....

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Oct 17, 2024 1:28 am