The Dynaco Tube Audio Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Dynaco Tube Audio Forum

Dedicated to the restoration and preservation of all original Dynaco tube audio equipment - Customer support for Tubes4hifi VTA tube amp and preamp kits and all Dynakitparts.com products

+3
Peter W.
Bob Latino
Dynaco_wjw
7 posters

Dynaco MkIII restored, KT120 in it?

peterh
    peterh

Dynaco MkIII restored, KT120 in it? - Page 2 Empty Re: Dynaco MkIII restored, KT120 in it?

Post by peterh Sun Mar 04, 2018 6:40 am

Bo was the largest supplier of dynacos and kits in sweden.
    When he got questions if it was difficult to assemble, he gave his two kids
    age 10-14 one mkIII kit each and asked them to build it.
    Of course it worked. They got into bo's clauset together with 4 other do drive
    the house speakers. They were used to drive the "under-the-floor" bass horns made
    by bricks and concrete.

Oh, those memories :-)

Bo Hanssons Candela sometimes comes on sale. I might be that one is available now,
    do you want me to check ?
    Dynaco_wjw

Dynaco MkIII restored, KT120 in it? - Page 2 Empty Re: Dynaco MkIII restored, KT120 in it?

Post by Dynaco_wjw Sun Mar 04, 2018 7:40 am

O really? Did Bo sell the Dynaco kits? I did not know this.
    In 87 I bought a complete new stereo set. I went to a hifi store that had 3 listening rooms. I bought the best ones for my ears in the cheapest listening room. Canton sub with two satellites. When I had these at home it was terrible. I went back to listening room 2. I got a box in my hands with switches to switch between the speaker sets. After one 'round' of speaker sets I knew it at once though I could not see from what speaker this delicate sound came from. It seemed to be white concrete speakers, the Chaconne. Really I pity that Bo died at such a young age. He developed such nice products. Do you know the new Rauna people?

Current date/time is Wed May 08, 2024 11:53 am