The Dynaco Tube Audio Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Dynaco Tube Audio Forum

Dedicated to the restoration and preservation of all original Dynaco tube audio equipment - Customer support for Tubes4hifi VTA tube amp and preamp kits and all Dynakitparts.com products

4 posters

ST-70 Rebuild....What gauge of wire shoudl be used for B+ voltage to VTA board? Something heavy?

Doctor Hugocat
    Doctor Hugocat

ST-70 Rebuild....What gauge of wire shoudl be used for B+ voltage to VTA board? Something heavy? Empty ST-70 Rebuild....What gauge of wire shoudl be used for B+ voltage to VTA board? Something heavy?

Post by Doctor Hugocat Sun Nov 13, 2016 10:17 pm

Hey Guys - I guess the thread title says it all.

I'm rebuilding my ST-70 ans am using a VTA PCB. I'm still learning about tube electronics, but am dimly aware the the B+ carries a lot of voltage. I was going to use 20awg, but is this enough?

Any comments would be appreciated, as I'm trying to keep safety in mind. Very Happy
    Bob Latino
    Bob Latino
    Admin

ST-70 Rebuild....What gauge of wire shoudl be used for B+ voltage to VTA board? Something heavy? Empty Re: ST-70 Rebuild....What gauge of wire shoudl be used for B+ voltage to VTA board? Something heavy?

Post by Bob Latino Sun Nov 13, 2016 11:13 pm

Doctor Hugocat wrote:Hey Guys - I guess the thread title says it all.

I'm rebuilding my ST-70 ans am using a VTA PCB. I'm still learning about tube electronics, but am dimly aware the the B+ carries a lot of voltage. I was going to use 20awg, but is this enough?

Any comments would be appreciated, as I'm trying to keep safety in mind. Very Happy

20 gauge wire is fine ...

Bob
    Doctor Hugocat
    Doctor Hugocat

ST-70 Rebuild....What gauge of wire shoudl be used for B+ voltage to VTA board? Something heavy? Empty Re: ST-70 Rebuild....What gauge of wire shoudl be used for B+ voltage to VTA board? Something heavy?

Post by Doctor Hugocat Mon Nov 14, 2016 2:37 am

Many thanks Bob!! Very Happy Very Happy
    Peter W.
    Peter W.

Post by Peter W. Mon Nov 14, 2016 9:34 am

Bob Latino wrote:

Bob
    [/size]

http://www.powerstream.com/Wire_Size.htm  

Is a useful website for questions of this nature. As Bob noted, 20-gauge is just fine.
    Doctor Hugocat
    Doctor Hugocat

Post by Doctor Hugocat Wed Nov 16, 2016 3:29 pm

Peter W. wrote:
    Bob Latino wrote:

Bob
    [/size]

http://www.powerstream.com/Wire_Size.htm  

Is a useful website for questions of this nature. As Bob noted, 20-gauge is just fine.

Many thanks Pete!! This is a keeper website for future projects. Much obliged!! Laughing
    DynakitParts
    DynakitParts

ST-70 Rebuild....What gauge of wire shoudl be used for B+ voltage to VTA board? Something heavy? Empty Wire Gauge

Post by DynakitParts Wed Nov 16, 2016 10:28 pm

Keep in mind that hookup wire is available in various voltage ratings such as 300, 600, 1000 volts.

I use 600 volt rated wire in most tube amp wiring projects.

Kevin

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat Apr 27, 2024 9:26 am