The Dynaco Tube Audio Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Dynaco Tube Audio Forum

Dedicated to the restoration and preservation of all original Dynaco tube audio equipment - Customer support for Tubes4hifi VTA tube amp and preamp kits and all Dynakitparts.com products

3 posters

Uncle Doug's "Tube Amp Bootcamp" video series ...

Bob Latino
    Bob Latino
    Admin

Uncle Doug's "Tube Amp Bootcamp" video series ... Empty Uncle Doug's "Tube Amp Bootcamp" video series ...

Post by Bob Latino Thu Feb 02, 2017 12:30 pm

One of the best series of tube amp videos on the internet is the series done by "Uncle Doug" on YouTube . There are 32 total videos on things like > "How tube amps work?", "Biasing", "Negative feedback","Scratch building a tube amp" and many more ... Link below ..

Uncle Doug's Tube Amp Bootcamp video series ...

Bob
    corndog71
    corndog71

Uncle Doug's "Tube Amp Bootcamp" video series ... Empty Re: Uncle Doug's "Tube Amp Bootcamp" video series ...

Post by corndog71 Thu Feb 02, 2017 5:38 pm

Thanks so much for posting this Bob!  I just watched a couple of those and learned the answers to many questions I've had for years.  I've been on this journey of tube electronics for almost 20 years but so many times got convoluted (if any!) answers to my questions.  I've never taken any courses. Just read a lot, spent lots of time in various forums and asked lots of questions.  It's surprising how many guys who know this stuff have no idea how to explain it.

Doug has a very dry sense of humor which appeals to me as well.
    Bob Latino
    Bob Latino
    Admin

Uncle Doug's "Tube Amp Bootcamp" video series ... Empty Re: Uncle Doug's "Tube Amp Bootcamp" video series ...

Post by Bob Latino Thu Feb 02, 2017 5:50 pm

After a few days, I am going to make this post a STICKY .. Doug really does a good job on these videos. Most of the time he doesn't get too technical with his explanations .. This series is well worth checking out for those that are interested in how a tube amp works ..

Bob
    cci1492
    cci1492

Post by cci1492 Thu Feb 02, 2017 9:57 pm

He's made some very informative videos through the years.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 26, 2024 12:34 pm