The Dynaco Tube Audio Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Dynaco Tube Audio Forum

Dedicated to the restoration and preservation of all original Dynaco tube audio equipment - Customer support for Tubes4hifi VTA tube amp and preamp kits and all Dynakitparts.com products

2 posters

Norman Koren Spiced PAS schematics difference.

starwatcher

Norman Koren Spiced PAS schematics difference. Empty Norman Koren Spiced PAS schematics difference.

Post by starwatcher Mon Mar 05, 2018 1:09 am

I was ready to buy Norman Koren PAS boards from classic valves but the line board is sold-out.

I can manage a point to point circuit but i notice the C out capacitor is 3.3uf on Koren website and .47uf on the part list of Classic valves.

I also see there's few different resistor so i can use one or the other schematics with the same results?

Thanks.
    WLT
    WLT

Norman Koren Spiced PAS schematics difference. Empty N Koren question

Post by WLT Fri Mar 09, 2018 11:12 am

I am building a phono preamp using the NK board. Not to be completed any time soon but it will get done.

The question about C out. The larger cap is preferred if you have a long length of interconnect cable to the amp or are using low input impedance amps (solid state). If you use tube amps with large input grid resistors (475K +/-) the smaller caps are just fine. That cap, the cables and the input resistance set up a filter that can effect the low frequency of the system. You could always try each one and see what if any difference there is.

Current date/time is Wed May 08, 2024 1:48 pm