The Dynaco Tube Audio Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Dynaco Tube Audio Forum

Dedicated to the restoration and preservation of all original Dynaco tube audio equipment - Customer support for Tubes4hifi VTA tube amp and preamp kits and all Dynakitparts.com products

+2
j beede
vtshopdog
6 posters

Capacitors

CNCfan
    CNCfan

Capacitors  Empty Capacitors

Post by CNCfan Sun Oct 14, 2018 11:15 pm

I am go to start getting a few old radios and electronic test equipment into a useful state.  All are tube based and have plenty of
    capacitors that will need replacing.

I have been looking around but everytime I think I found a place where I can onestop shop I come up short of a cap or two in
    required voltage.  

Does anyone have a preferred place where you can get most if not all of the type of capacitors that tube equipment take?

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Right now "Just Radios" looks to have most of what I will need but they are in Canada.  Not that I do not like Canada , I rather shop USA first
    then if I can't find what I am looking for go to other countries.

On another note for the ones that read and help me with my Dynaco ST70 system that I was going to use for the audio on our TV........Well I found
    my &^%$ TV does not have RCA audio outputs.  Only HDMI, bluetooth and fiber.  I was a little more than disappointed.
    vtshopdog
    vtshopdog

Capacitors  Empty Re: Capacitors

Post by vtshopdog Mon Oct 15, 2018 1:23 am

Have you tried Mouser or DigiKey?
    They have everything and you can search by lead spacing, dimensions as well as electrical values.
    j beede
    j beede

Post by j beede Mon Oct 15, 2018 2:10 am

Antique Electronic Supply
    Peter W.
    Peter W.

Post by Peter W. Mon Oct 15, 2018 6:53 am

j beede wrote:Antique Electronic Supply

AES is costly, relative to Mouser and Digikey, Newark (Element 14) and a couple of others. But, they are also specialized in vintage equipment parts and pieces, so a valuable source.

Mark Oppat ( http://www.oldradioparts.net/ ) will be helpful for capacitors, knobs, dial covers and other hard-to-find parts. Enjoy!
    Bob Latino
    Bob Latino
    Admin

Post by Bob Latino Mon Oct 15, 2018 7:32 am

For capacitors you should also check out > http://www.tuberadios.com/capacitors/ This site is run by Sal Brisindi in Freehold, NJ.

Bob
    Big Harry

Post by Big Harry Mon Oct 15, 2018 9:10 am

I buy most of my caps from Just Radios and even though they are located in Canada, their service is great. I alsobuy caps and resistors from Sal Brisindi in New Jersey and his service is top notch too. Antique Electronic Supply is also good especially when they are having a sale.
    Peter W.
    Peter W.

Post by Peter W. Mon Oct 15, 2018 9:15 am

Something to know: there is an ever-increasing number of counterfeit parts on the market these days, mostly, but not always from China. Beware of eBay sources and any source that you do not know or trust. All names mentioned herein *ARE* trustworthy sources, and as I know both Sal and Mark personally, I will vouch for the care they take in sourcing what they sell.
    CNCfan
    CNCfan

Post by CNCfan Mon Oct 15, 2018 3:01 pm

Looks like buying USA first will be no problem. I am a bit surprised I overlooked
    some site mentioned in my past searches of the web.

Everyone has been a big help, thanks for the suggestion's.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat Apr 27, 2024 2:25 am