The Dynaco Tube Audio Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Dynaco Tube Audio Forum

Dedicated to the restoration and preservation of all original Dynaco tube audio equipment - Customer support for Tubes4hifi VTA tube amp and preamp kits and all Dynakitparts.com products

3 posters

My Stereo 70

Lou deGonzague

My Stereo 70 Empty My Stereo 70

Post by Lou deGonzague Thu Feb 28, 2019 7:01 pm

Here is my 70, very nice condition.  New caps and driver boardMy Stereo 70 00411
    WLT
    WLT

My Stereo 70 Empty Re: My Stereo 70

Post by WLT Fri Mar 08, 2019 10:58 am

It looks great. The replacement board looks like the original circuit with the 7199. Correct? Where did you get the board? and then where did you get the metal film resisters and caps from? Or was it all sold as a package?

It looks very clean so I assume you cleaned and polished it. Any special products used? Or is is new?

The all important question. How does it sound?

I am working on my ST70 which is in about the same physical condition as yours but with the original board. Replacing all out of spec resistors and the feedback caps.
    Lou deGonzague

Post by Lou deGonzague Fri Mar 08, 2019 1:41 pm

Don't remember where I got the board, off eBay I guess it was a while ago. I had the caps and got the resistor at a local supply house. I think I used Top Brite metal polish, the amp was in very nice condition when I got it. The filter cap came from AES. The traces on the original board are easy to lift off so I went with a nice new fiberglass one.
    WLT
    WLT

Post by WLT Wed Mar 13, 2019 12:30 pm

Your amp looked so nice I had to finish mine. The last of the capacitors came in so I finished it yesterday. Polished it and just set the bias. I thought I would post a photo of it here. Both amps look very nice and the biggest difference is your new board vs. my original board. Mine has all new caps through out, 14 resistors replaced to bring them within 2% tolerance of published schematic. Even better tolerance channel to channel. 6GH8s with adapters. Sounds just fine.

My Stereo 70 Img_2010
    pichacker
    pichacker

Post by pichacker Thu Mar 14, 2019 4:01 am

Is that just the photo or is the Getter a little soft on the rear right tube? Nice and clean.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 26, 2024 6:52 pm