I'm diving into the second re-wire of my ST-70, and thought I'd do a rebuild thread. I originally bought and refurbished this amp about 20-years ago. It was my first piece of tube equipment, and in hindsight, I had done several things that have been bugging me. Most critically, it recently has been suffering from rectifier arc-over. Searching for answers, I kept getting linked to this forum, and I believe I know the several things I had done wrong, and will correct them this time around. In tearing down the amp, I also found several wires that had lost a good solder joint. I'm not looking to hot-rod the amp too much. I just want to have a solid and reliable amp again.
A bunch of parts are on order - every cap and resistor is being replaced.
I was going to link a few photo's, but it looks like I need to wait a week before I have rights. I'll post them up as soon as I'm able.
<< I did get a pre-teardown picture in my avatar though