The Dynaco Tube Audio Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Dynaco Tube Audio Forum

Dedicated to the restoration and preservation of all original Dynaco tube audio equipment - Customer support for Tubes4hifi VTA tube amp and preamp kits and all Dynakitparts.com products

2 posters

Loving my newly installed VTA-70 Upgrade board!

neatokino

Loving my newly installed VTA-70 Upgrade board! Empty Loving my newly installed VTA-70 Upgrade board!

Post by neatokino Fri Nov 08, 2019 1:17 pm

I sent this personal note to Roy this morning but thought I'd post it to all here as well:

Just wanted to let you know that I’m yet another very happy customer.   I got the ST-70 upgrade board a couple weeks back, stuffed the circuit board and installed it over a few days and have been listening many hours since.  

It is truly a huge upgrade above the old Triode EF86 board that had lived happily in my ST-70 for the past 20 years or so.  The overall sound of the VTA board is terrific, clear, everything as it should be, and I LOVE the ability to separately bias the power tubes.  The instructions were clear and easy to follow, and everything worked perfectly from the first turn-on, with no resoldering or adjustments necessary.  

I also replaced all electrolytics and put in clear top 12AU7’s.  The only noise I can hear with my ears right up to the (medium sensitive Jean Marie Reynaud) speakers is faint tube ‘rush,’ no hum, buzz or stray sounds.  Musically, the amp is just what I like:  tube-ish but detailed and clear, with tight bass, clear treble, and all that lovely mid-range.  I listen to an eclectic slate of music and it’s all working.

I ordered the Triode/pentode switch but haven’t installed it yet.  Will do it eventually, but I have no issues whatever with the sound as is.

Anyway, thanks again to you and Bob Latino.  This upgrade is everything it should be and well worth the small amount of (fun) time to put in place.

best regards,

Michael

knotscott likes this post

solderblob
    solderblob

Loving my newly installed VTA-70 Upgrade board! Empty Re: Loving my newly installed VTA-70 Upgrade board!

Post by solderblob Fri Nov 08, 2019 6:53 pm

I did the VTA ST70 mod a year or so ago and can second everything you said about it. It really is great!

BTW, I believe it's Roy's Mottram's design.

dave

knotscott likes this post

neatokino

Loving my newly installed VTA-70 Upgrade board! Empty Re: Loving my newly installed VTA-70 Upgrade board!

Post by neatokino Sat Nov 09, 2019 6:11 pm

solderblob wrote:I did the VTA ST70 mod a year or so ago and can second everything you said about it.  It really is great!

BTW, I believe it's Roy's Mottram's design.

dave

Then extra special kudos to Roy!

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat Apr 27, 2024 12:53 am