The Dynaco Tube Audio Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Dynaco Tube Audio Forum

Dedicated to the restoration and preservation of all original Dynaco tube audio equipment - Customer support for Tubes4hifi VTA tube amp and preamp kits and all Dynakitparts.com products

4 posters

Where can I find the bias testing post mount thing?

smoorenc

Where can I find the bias testing post mount thing? Empty Where can I find the bias testing post mount thing?

Post by smoorenc Wed Nov 04, 2020 11:14 am

Hi All,

I have searched and like talking to "Alexa", you have to phrase it correctly. I am sure I am calling the item the wrong name. I want to put digital volt display where the bias checking sockets are in the front of my ST-120. Then like I have seen others and also it looks like on the M-125 having bias meter testing posts mounted up top or in front. I don't know which ones to get. Can someone please point me in the right direction?

Thanks Scott

Hops likes this post

Hops

Where can I find the bias testing post mount thing? Empty Re: Where can I find the bias testing post mount thing?

Post by Hops Tue Nov 10, 2020 9:10 pm

Great Idea!. If you get a source for meters that fit the holes in the front of the St-120, and some alternative bias test points, I would like this also. Would be nice to be able to look over and just see the bias.
    smoorenc

Where can I find the bias testing post mount thing? Empty Re: Where can I find the bias testing post mount thing?

Post by smoorenc Tue Nov 10, 2020 9:32 pm

I ordered these: https://smile.amazon.com/dp/B07VD2Z8W7/ref=cm_sw_em_r_mt_dp_U5ZQFbB1S36DS?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1  
    Hxchen 2mm Female Extended Bind Post Alloy Socket Plug Panel Terminal Banana Jack Connector Black and Red - (10 Pcs)  
    It looks like they will work. I will let you know how it works out, but they feel nice and heavy compared to the all plastic ones.
    Where can I find the bias testing post mount thing? 41oyfhyQGnL._AC_SL1001_
    Roy Mottram
    Roy Mottram
    Admin

Post by Roy Mottram Fri Nov 13, 2020 12:20 pm

I've seen people buy mini DVMs and mount in those holes, or these simple test points . . .
    https://www.ebay.com/itm/DYNACO-Test-Jack-Boards-ST70-MKIII-MKIV-Bias-set/372632974031?
    aguaazul
    aguaazul

Post by aguaazul Mon Nov 16, 2020 1:05 am

Back in the day, Roy had these:

My completed VTA - ST-70 photo album

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Tue May 07, 2024 7:50 pm