The Dynaco Tube Audio Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Dynaco Tube Audio Forum

Dedicated to the restoration and preservation of all original Dynaco tube audio equipment - Customer support for Tubes4hifi VTA tube amp and preamp kits and all Dynakitparts.com products

2 posters

Rectifier options ST-120

bobgroger

Rectifier options ST-120 Empty Rectifier options ST-120

Post by bobgroger Mon Feb 22, 2021 7:45 pm

I am wondering if the power transformer has enough reserve to supply 3 or 3.75 Amps from the 5V winding. I am looking at higher current rectifier options but they all draw more Filament current. I have Rick's copper cap on order but it is stuck somewhere in the snow and I don't have a TDR yet.
    Bob Latino
    Bob Latino
    Admin

Rectifier options ST-120 Empty Re: Rectifier options ST-120

Post by Bob Latino Tue Feb 23, 2021 9:10 am

bobgroger wrote:I am wondering if the power transformer has enough reserve to supply 3 or 3.75 Amps from the 5V winding. I am looking at higher current rectifier options but they all draw more Filament current. I have Rick's copper cap on order but it is stuck somewhere in the snow and I don't have a TDR yet.

The 5 volt AC rectifier filament winding on the VTA ST-120 power transformer is rated at 4 amps.

Bob
    bobgroger

Post by bobgroger Tue Feb 23, 2021 10:17 pm

Bob Latino wrote:
    bobgroger wrote:I am wondering if the power transformer has enough reserve to supply 3 or 3.75 Amps from the 5V winding. I am looking at higher current rectifier options but they all draw more Filament current. I have Rick's copper cap on order but it is stuck somewhere in the snow and I don't have a TDR yet.

The 5 volt AC rectifier filament winding on the VTA ST-120 power transformer is rated at 4 amps.

Bob

Awesome. 5AU4 looks to have higher current rating.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat Apr 27, 2024 2:52 am