The Dynaco Tube Audio Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Dynaco Tube Audio Forum

Dedicated to the restoration and preservation of all original Dynaco tube audio equipment - Customer support for Tubes4hifi VTA tube amp and preamp kits and all Dynakitparts.com products

2 posters

Final Iteration of ST120 cabinet with bias meters

Rbertalotto

Final Iteration of ST120 cabinet with bias meters Empty Final Iteration of ST120 cabinet with bias meters

Post by Rbertalotto Wed Mar 24, 2021 6:37 pm

Dave_in_Va, mijohn and Simonism like this post

Rbertalotto

Final Iteration of ST120 cabinet with bias meters Empty Re: Final Iteration of ST120 cabinet with bias meters

Post by Rbertalotto Wed Mar 24, 2021 6:58 pm

I'll be doing a whole write up on my web page on the DIY of this cabinet. (www.rvbprecision.com)The meters are working great! Relocated the power switch to the front. Ran the power cables under the chassis so there is no interference. The volume control was relocated and a Delrin (Plastic) knob turned on the lathe to mitigate static discharge. A "dot" of white nail polish for indication on the knob....The two toggle switches select the meter to set bias on front or rear tubes. The meters read 0-1 volt and bias on the st120 is 1/2Volt so they are very accurate. Tested them against my Fluke meter and they are spot on. Amazing is that they cost under $6 each!
    dmoorecincy

Final Iteration of ST120 cabinet with bias meters Empty Re: Final Iteration of ST120 cabinet with bias meters

Post by dmoorecincy Wed Mar 24, 2021 8:46 pm

Very nice! How is it sounding? What source(s) have you paired with it?
    Rbertalotto

Post by Rbertalotto Wed Mar 24, 2021 8:56 pm

Thanks....Listening mostly with a Bluesound Node2i...but have listened to my B&O RX2 turntable and an Onkyo Integra CD player....But the Bluesound with Qobuz or Amazon HD has been the GoTo.

Using a Schiit Saga preamp, Schiit Loki EQ aqnd Schiit Modi DAC....

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 26, 2024 12:54 pm