The Dynaco Tube Audio Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Dynaco Tube Audio Forum

Dedicated to the restoration and preservation of all original Dynaco tube audio equipment - Customer support for Tubes4hifi VTA tube amp and preamp kits and all Dynakitparts.com products

2 posters

FM-1 Coil home repair.

bubbasweet
    bubbasweet

FM-1 Coil home repair.  Empty FM-1 Coil home repair.

Post by bubbasweet Thu Sep 02, 2021 3:31 pm

Working on my buddie's fM-1 last night saw this. Is it looks like someone just wrapped a piece of wire around the coil. Is this botched or will it work. It measures about .3 Ohms with DC reistance each side to ground. I am waiting for Caps to arrive so I cannot try it yet.

FM-1 Coil home repair.  Screen11
    jwb474

FM-1 Coil home repair.  Empty Re: FM-1 Coil home repair.

Post by jwb474 Sun Sep 05, 2021 7:13 am

It will be OK as long as the wire's insulation isn't broken causing it to short to the other winding. This winding is just a 2-turn C.T. winding that couples the antenna RF signal through the antenna coil to the RF circuity. Across the whole wing is for a 300ohm antenna wire and from 1 end to the C.T. is for a 75ohm antenna. These ohms are not a DC reading which will be 0, but at RF frequencies it will be much higher. Hope this helps.

bubbasweet likes this post

bubbasweet
    bubbasweet

Post by bubbasweet Sun Sep 05, 2021 2:05 pm

It helps a lot.THX I was not sure what the heck it was. Since I posted this I have seen a few that look like this. Wonder if it was just a Dynaco builder done thing or were the 2 wraps pre done and part of the coil from the factory when you got the kit? Just wondered. But THX for theinfo as I think it will work fine now once the new tubes come in.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 26, 2024 7:51 am