The Dynaco Tube Audio Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Dynaco Tube Audio Forum

Dedicated to the restoration and preservation of all original Dynaco tube audio equipment - Customer support for Tubes4hifi VTA tube amp and preamp kits and all Dynakitparts.com products

2 posters

VTA-ST120 - speaker terminals question

alexbramford

VTA-ST120 - speaker terminals question Empty VTA-ST120 - speaker terminals question

Post by alexbramford Thu Jun 02, 2022 5:06 am

G'Day All

I am just about to buy Blue Jeans speaker cables with welded connectors for my VTA-ST120 - what size spade terminators should I order that would correctly fit the VTA-ST120 speaker terminals?

6.5 mm or 9.mm?

Thanks
    Alex Bramford
    Bob Latino
    Bob Latino
    Admin

VTA-ST120 - speaker terminals question Empty Re: VTA-ST120 - speaker terminals question

Post by Bob Latino Thu Jun 02, 2022 6:46 am

alexbramford wrote:G'Day All

I am just about to buy Blue Jeans speaker cables with welded connectors for my VTA-ST120 - what size spade terminators should I order that would correctly fit the VTA-ST120 speaker terminals?

6.5 mm or 9.mm?

Thanks
    Alex Bramford

Hi Alex,

Those speaker binding posts on your amp are 4 mm in diameter. If you use a 6.5 mm spade lug, it will fit better onto those speaker binding posts. I am assuming here that the 6.5 mm refers to the space between the two flat sides on the spade lug.

Bob
    alexbramford

VTA-ST120 - speaker terminals question Empty Re: VTA-ST120 - speaker terminals question

Post by alexbramford Thu Jun 02, 2022 12:17 pm

Thanks for the clarification Bob.- I will then order the 6.5 mm spades to terminate the amplifier end of the cable.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 19, 2024 4:59 pm