The Dynaco Tube Audio Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Dynaco Tube Audio Forum

Dedicated to the restoration and preservation of all original Dynaco tube audio equipment - Customer support for Tubes4hifi VTA tube amp and preamp kits and all Dynakitparts.com products

2 posters

weird observation with my A470 output transformers

Sichum

weird observation with my A470 output transformers Empty weird observation with my A470 output transformers

Post by Sichum Mon Jan 02, 2023 8:37 pm

Greeting,

While checking my st-70 for possible shortage, I noticed there is continuity between the chassis and every speaker posts. Thinking those speaker terminals were shortage somehow, I removed all wires and redo them all and tested without the output transformer wires connected. No continuity. I thought that was great and went ahead solder those wires back into place. I tested them again after soldered them and the continuity was there again. Is that behavior expected? if not, what's going on there? Any help is much appreciated. Thank you
    peterh
    peterh

weird observation with my A470 output transformers Empty Re: weird observation with my A470 output transformers

Post by peterh Mon Jan 02, 2023 9:07 pm

Sichum wrote:Greeting,

While checking my st-70 for possible shortage, I noticed there is continuity between the chassis and every speaker posts. Thinking those speaker terminals were shortage somehow, I removed all wires and redo them all and tested without the output transformer wires connected. No continuity. I thought that was great and went ahead solder those wires back into place. I tested them again after soldered them and the continuity was there again. Is that behavior expected? if not, what's going on there? Any help is much appreciated. Thank you
    The common output is grounded in the amp, this serves as reference as the 16ohm
    is used for NFB

Have a look in the schematics !

Buck_R0gers and Sichum like this post

Sichum

weird observation with my A470 output transformers Empty Re: weird observation with my A470 output transformers

Post by Sichum Thu Jan 05, 2023 3:31 pm

peterh wrote:
    Sichum wrote:Greeting,

The common output is grounded in the amp, this serves as reference as the 16ohm
    is used for NFB

Have a look in the schematics !

much appreciated for your time. I read more about the NFB and starting to understand a bit more.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 19, 2024 1:21 pm