The Dynaco Tube Audio Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Dynaco Tube Audio Forum

Dedicated to the restoration and preservation of all original Dynaco tube audio equipment - Customer support for Tubes4hifi VTA tube amp and preamp kits and all Dynakitparts.com products

2 posters

Update to Post from last Summer

mwagn_1

Update to Post from last Summer Empty Update to Post from last Summer

Post by mwagn_1 Thu Nov 16, 2023 5:18 pm

Well, this is an update on getting my Dad's old Dynakit equipment up & running again. Finally have a good working amplifier after being in & out of the Shop about 3X. The preamp is still there after having to take back also about 3X. I have the ST70 hooked up to an old Pioneer SX626 using it as my preamp. The turntable doesn't sound all that great to me (I think the issue is with the Old Pioneer I have had it since new also) but yesterday I scored a Rotel CD1570 player and I am smiling! I have the amp driving a pair of old B&W DM602s that I've had since new (20 yrs old at least) I would like to try something different at some point but it can't really be much bigger - there is not room and I am out of money for now. The room is very "bright" and my old ears don't tolerate the highs like they used to, a characteristic of these speakers. I would like to find something a little warmer I think. Not sure if I'm going to be happy with the PA when I get it back but will give it a chance. The short time I had it before it started acting up again it seemed like the highs were a little much and the lows were also a little too much with not much in the middle ranges...
    Wharfcreek

Update to Post from last Summer Empty Re: Update to Post from last Summer

Post by Wharfcreek Thu Nov 30, 2023 11:59 pm

I might suggest you try to find an old pair of Dynaco A-25s. T a good many orople, they remain a more-than-satisfactory match for the ST-70 or even the ST-35.!!

Current date/time is Sun Apr 28, 2024 8:47 am