The Dynaco Tube Audio Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Dynaco Tube Audio Forum

Dedicated to the restoration and preservation of all original Dynaco tube audio equipment - Customer support for Tubes4hifi VTA tube amp and preamp kits and all Dynakitparts.com products

2 posters

V2 bias issue

Ernestwithanage

V2 bias issue  Empty V2 bias issue

Post by Ernestwithanage Mon Mar 18, 2024 11:20 am

I was trying to adjust the bias on my new st120. But can’t get the v2 bias down. It sometimes hovers around 1.6V

When I first turned on the amp there was a cold solder joint and the V2 tube red plated. Upon noticing that I immediately switched it off and fixed the problem. The tiube is not red plating anymore.

I had a spare solid state rectifier and used the second one. and swopped around the tubes as well.

Both the resistors on the socket also in within the values

peterh
    peterh

V2 bias issue  Empty Re: V2 bias issue

Post by peterh Mon Mar 18, 2024 12:09 pm

Ernestwithanage wrote:I was trying to adjust the bias on my new st120. But can’t get the v2 bias down. It sometimes hovers around 1.6V

When I first turned on the amp there was a cold solder joint  and the V2 tube red plated. Upon noticing that I immediately switched it off and fixed  the problem. The tiube is not red plating anymore.  

I had a spare solid state rectifier and used the second one. and swopped around the tubes as well.

Both the resistors on the socket also in within the values

The tube in position V2 could been damaged. Try another tube ( or switch 2 tubes and see if the
    problem follows the tube)

Current date/time is Wed May 01, 2024 10:11 pm