The Dynaco Tube Audio Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Dynaco Tube Audio Forum

Dedicated to the restoration and preservation of all original Dynaco tube audio equipment - Customer support for Tubes4hifi VTA tube amp and preamp kits and all Dynakitparts.com products

2 posters

Audio Splitter (Bad for ST-120?)

mantha3
    mantha3

Audio Splitter (Bad for ST-120?) Empty Audio Splitter (Bad for ST-120?)

Post by mantha3 Mon Feb 14, 2011 11:08 am

I have one of Bobs ST-120 tube amps.

I run the amp to some nice 3 way speakers and the sound is great. I run my CD player right into my amp and control the volume with the 21 stepped attenuator.

I have a nice powered sub woofer that also has a volume control. I would like to try running the powered sub with my tube system. To do it easy I was thinking of getting some Audio Splitter RCA cables (photo below). I'd run the splitter off the CD player.. Then run a set of RCAs from the splitter to the ST120 and another set of RCAs from the splitter to the sub.

Question I had.. Having the RCA signal split.. Will the signal be weaker to the ST120 and will it harm the sound or amp?

Photobucket
    Bob Latino
    Bob Latino
    Admin

Audio Splitter (Bad for ST-120?) Empty Re: Audio Splitter (Bad for ST-120?)

Post by Bob Latino Mon Feb 14, 2011 1:33 pm

Hi,

Just running the signal through a splitter won't really alter the signal at all - it won't get weaker. You will just have the same signal now coming out of two female RCA's instead of one. No harm will come to the ST-120.

Bob
    mantha3
    mantha3

Post by mantha3 Mon Feb 14, 2011 3:24 pm

Cool, I figured it was not a problem. I'm just running the sub as a test try for the heck of it. Not sure I'll use it long term. Thanks Bob!

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 26, 2024 5:16 am