The Dynaco Tube Audio Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Dynaco Tube Audio Forum

Dedicated to the restoration and preservation of all original Dynaco tube audio equipment - Customer support for Tubes4hifi VTA tube amp and preamp kits and all Dynakitparts.com products

2 posters

ONE CHANNEL problem (dynaco 70 and patI)

tubesrock

ONE CHANNEL problem (dynaco 70 and patI) Empty ONE CHANNEL problem (dynaco 70 and patI)

Post by tubesrock Mon Jun 13, 2011 6:45 pm

I have a PAT11 pre amp..and a dynaco 70 and i get only one speaker when i use phono selection, but both speakers work when i select my cd ( using special or spare hook ups)...my phono problem persists when i hook turntable to spare hook up as well.

I had same issue with another pre amp...and just got this PAT11 on ebay..but problem continues:-( so im a bit perplexed...is it the cartridge? the power amp?

when i use the B only mono selector on pre amp with PHONO i do get sound on both speakers...but not on A selection...but it does work on A+B, as well as in the 2 and 3rd stereo position..but not in the first ( far left) position.
    Any ideas?
    Roy Mottram
    Roy Mottram
    Admin

ONE CHANNEL problem (dynaco 70 and patI) Empty Re: ONE CHANNEL problem (dynaco 70 and patI)

Post by Roy Mottram Mon Jun 13, 2011 11:31 pm

most likely the connector from your turntable to the preamp, or, the cartridge is bad

Current date/time is Mon May 06, 2024 4:39 pm