The Dynaco Tube Audio Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Dynaco Tube Audio Forum

Dedicated to the restoration and preservation of all original Dynaco tube audio equipment - Customer support for Tubes4hifi VTA tube amp and preamp kits and all Dynakitparts.com products

3 posters

FM Receiver

mantha3
    mantha3

FM Receiver Empty FM Receiver

Post by mantha3 Wed Jun 15, 2011 9:51 am

Good morning,

I was looking on this forum for a older topic on a decent FM Receiver... I think this conversation was from a year ago. I thought Bob mentioned using a new Sony Receiver that worked well... This is not a older Dynaco but a modern Receiver.

Andy
    Bob Latino
    Bob Latino
    Admin

FM Receiver Empty Re: FM Receiver

Post by Bob Latino Wed Jun 15, 2011 11:16 am

Hi Andy,

The Sony XDR-F1HD AM/FM tuner is the most sensitive tuner I have ever used. I do not believe any vintage or other FM tuner made anywhere can equal this tuner in sensitivity. As to sound, it sounds fine to me but there are probably better sounding tuners out there - BUT - most people use FM for background music anyway. There are a few people out there that offer upgrades on the audio board on the XDR-F1HD that is supposed to improve the sound quality. The other nice thing is that the Sony also picks up FM HD radio (hybrid digital). Of stations in my area that offer both HD and regular FM broadcasts, the HD broadcast sounds cleaner to me than their regular FM broadcast. The nice other thing is that this little tuner only costs about $90.

Bob
    merlot

Post by merlot Wed Jun 15, 2011 8:47 pm

I have one of the Sonys too - two years old. I wanted to buy a second one but am unable to find one. Seems Sony has discontinued it.

Bob, who offers upgrades? Thanks.
    mantha3
    mantha3

Post by mantha3 Thu Jun 16, 2011 8:42 am

Thanks Bob! That is the one I was looking for. It does look like these are hard to find. I see 2 on EPay.

Thanks Bob

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Wed May 08, 2024 1:19 pm