The Dynaco Tube Audio Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Dynaco Tube Audio Forum

Dedicated to the restoration and preservation of all original Dynaco tube audio equipment - Customer support for Tubes4hifi VTA tube amp and preamp kits and all Dynakitparts.com products

Thanks to Roy and Bob for your help, as well as forum members for your assistance

Thanks to Roy and Bob for your help, as well as forum members for your assistance Empty Thanks to Roy and Bob for your help, as well as forum members for your assistance

Post by Guest Sun Jul 10, 2011 8:55 am

[size=18]Thanks to Roy and Bob for your help with the rebuild of the MKIV's, it was invaluable. There is not much I like about the digital/twitter/facebook/ era, but these kind of forums, where people who share similar interests can gather and swap info are great. When I finish a project like this one I am always reminded of my favorite saying: Good judgement is a result of experience, and experience is a result of bad judgement. The project was rewarding and frustrating at the same time. I have Parkinson's which is not a illness that lends itself well to fine motor skills like soldering. As a result it has taken much longer to finish, but finish I did. I take a fairly large dose of meds in the AM to get going; so that is when I did most of the work. "Better Living Through Chemistry" I believe that was a DuPont slogan in the 1960-70's. It works as well now, as it did then, but for different reasons.

Next time I won't sell my amp/amps before I have a replacement, and then spend a year without any reasonable gear to listen to. My wife and I have been using one of those small Bose single CD/Radio's. Yeah, the one's you see for sale on the back Parade magazine, it belonged to my Dad. Glad to have at least had something.

Next project is a HK Citation V

Current date/time is Wed May 08, 2024 5:06 pm